Blood Angels squad for Forge World

Orblivion

I think its obvious that each legion will get at least one unique unit for FW's Horus Heresy lineup, but that leaves me at a loss for the Sons of Sanguinius.  The only unique squad the IX Legion had during the Crusade/Heresy that I can think of is the Sanguinary Guard, which we already have.  So what do you guys think, will we just get a FW version of Sanguinary Guard or something new?  If it is something new, what would you like to see?

There is a thread about this over on the age of darkness forum. Probably sanguinary guard as they've been in books. Probably fast rhino chassis or at least baal predators due to their existing fluff placing them as gc era.

We will probably see rules for azkhelleon and Amit and then some new fw created characters.

Beyond that, very little has been alluded to in the current background material we have. We'd be a decent candidate for better librarians as we (along with white scars) were the biggest supporters of it outside of the thousand sons and our current dex says we have a lot and tend to produce powerful ones.

I dont think they would actually produce SG, it would step on GW's toes too much.

Maybe an upgrade kit?

I can see BA getting some kind of veteran assault squad, like the night lords. But it will be hard for FW, as GW has just produced such nice plastics.

BA contemptor, surely.

I dont think they would actually produce SG, it would step on GW's toes too much.

BA contemptor, surely.

However, the plastic SG are entirely in Mk. VII armour. So far conversion packs have been helmets, torsos and pads; none of which would help provide SG legs in older armour marks.

I don't necessarily think an existing GW kit is too much of a barrier, though the only example I can provide is Noise Marines vs. Kakophoni.

The Contemptor is a given.

I don't necessarily think an existing GW kit is too much of a barrier, though the only example I can provide is Noise Marines vs. Kakophoni.

The Contemptor is a given.

GW does an upgrade kit, but in no way sells noise marine torsos, heads, legs etc. Fair game there. I guess they make the special characters, but 30k version.

i guess the deciding factor would be if FW believe sanguinary guard should look different and be armed at all different during the heresy.

tbh, the above is probably a good indicator why stuff like BA/DA are being left till later too... most stuff already has models in some form, so toe stepping may occur, safer and probably more lucrative to target legions with less known stuff.

Would like to see tactical marines with bolt pistols AND a ccw. Nothing too major but it would fit. Definitely in 5th company.

30K marines can already do this :)

Some form of BA shooty terminator, or the fabled Sanguinary guard terminators would be nice.

The (hopefully) soon-to-be Ultramarines will be a good guide of things to come for BA/DA/SWs, I think. Looking at preview pics, some UM kits might step on the Honour Guard's toes, and if that is allowed, I'd say it would be a good sign for the Angels

Looking forward to these.  Since I read Know No Fear, Ultramarines rather confusingly found themselves top of my "I want to build these!" list.

Given that they'd spent a good fifteen years hanging about in the "never would I ever touch these with a barge pole" list, it caught me a bit by surprise...!

Archived