Tzeentch/Thousand Sons colors

Skallagoose

Hey all;

just thinking of starting a chaos marines/daemons list with Tzeentch being primary theme. Thousand sons being kinda a key part of it (Love the fluff and currently reading the novel).

My question that brings me here is; I have noticed so many different colors for the thousand sons, ranging from teal to dark blue. What do you guys recommend as the primary color for a tzeentch/Thousand sons army? More importantly I'm talking about the actual GW named colors.

What color i was kind of thinking is the dark indigo of a blue Morpho butterfly but don't know what color would represent that color.

I wanted to go something a little lighter- kind of how they describe the warp "great ocean" in the novel 'Thousand Sons'.

Saw a video on youtube that was Sotek Green- is that a good color?

-I ask because i play space wolves and the chart shows a light grey with some hint of blue, but in actuality its light blue with a hint of gray

So really stuck between Sotek and Kantor Blue

I favor my TS darker. Makes the yellow stripes on the headcrest pop more. 

Sotek Green could work. Could imagine a base of Inccubi Darkness, then a layer with thinned down Stegadon Green, then highlights with Sotek Green. Maybe a wash with Drakenhof Nightshade or Coelia Greenshade. But then its more than blue. If you go Sotek Green, try silver instead of gold for the trims. Should work nicely together.

Archived