Forgeworld's New Dreadnought - Paint it Red!

Slips

In the event that y'all haven't seen this, here is the New Deredeo Dreadnought from Forgeworld.

Model:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/DEREDEO_PATTERN_DREADNOUGHT.html

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/DEREDEO_DREADNOUGHT_AIOLOS_MISSILE_LAUNCHER.html

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/DEREDEO_DREADNOUGHT_ANVILUS_AUTOCANNON_BATTERY.html

Rules:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/D/Deredeo.pdf

I think FW did you guys a solid since this guy takes a Heavy Support Slot instead of an Elites - its also ever so slightly better than a Contemptor-Mortis due to the main gun having Sunder (re-roll failed Armor Pens) and a better Missile Launcher.

It can also fire at different targets with the Missile Launcher regardless of Line Of Sight. So you can technically fire that thing Turn 1 at anything within 60" even if they aren't in LoS.

Not to mention those missiles are ap3 which means against tau, you can drop a Suit or two even if they are hidden. Not to mention, str 6 might not be a lot, but the missiles do hit on the side armor, so that's just awesome since at worst it's mostly 12 or less on average.

Those who feel it's overpriced, yes it's expensive, but let's think about. Your get a character ballistic skill, you have an iron clad armor, built in extra armor, areally nasty main gun that reroll es armor penetration and is already a much stronger autocannon shot. It already comes standard with two guns, and being a walker already fires two guns even if it walks six inches. On top of that, it comes with a built in invunerable save against not only being shot at, but against explosions. That means even if something explodes next to it you get an invunerable save. On top of that, if it stands still you get skydive and interceptor rules. Not only for the turn you are firing, but also against overwatch in your opponents next turn. I personally see it being priced about right to start with. Not to mention the extra missile cost is fair, considering those missiles are long rang, don't need line of sight and against vehicles always hit on side armor, and can shoot at a seperate target from its other shooting. This thing can basically shoot against two targets a turn, lots of,nice rules for standing still, hits way better than most other long range shooting, and is much more durable than an average dreadnought. Plus you can even give it protection against melta weapons. So yes it's pricy, but you get what you pay for. Just put somthing else out their to help draw fire off it.

Those who feel it's overpriced, yes it's expensive, but let's think about. Your get a character ballistic skill, you have an iron clad armor, built in extra armor, areally nasty main gun that reroll es armor penetration and is already a much stronger autocannon shot. It already comes standard with two guns, and being a walker already fires two guns even if it walks six inches. On top of that, it comes with a built in invunerable save against not only being shot at, but against explosions. That means even if something explodes next to it you get an invunerable save. On top of that, if it stands still you get skydive and interceptor rules. Not only for the turn you are firing, but also against overwatch in your opponents next turn. I personally see it being priced about right to start with. Not to mention the extra missile cost is fair, considering those missiles are long rang, don't need line of sight and against vehicles always hit on side armor, and can shoot at a seperate target from its other shooting. This thing can basically shoot against two targets a turn, lots of,nice rules for standing still, hits way better than most other long range shooting, and is much more durable than an average dreadnought. Plus you can even give it protection against melta weapons. So yes it's pricy, but you get what you pay for. Just put somthing else out their to help draw fire off it.

Angel, that thing is sorta alright if your opponent has a lot of tanks for it to kill, but against the bigbads of 7th (except for SerpentS), its nigh-useless, which is unacceptable for a 220 pts model.

Angel, that thing is sorta alright if your opponent has a lot of tanks for it to kill, but against the bigbads of 7th (except for SerpentS), its nigh-useless, which is unacceptable for a 220 pts model.

Monsterous creatures?

I was thinking this with a Sicarian and a bolter rapier would make a really nice durable fire base for some ba jumpers and pods. Not to mention you get aa without taking a dedicated unit. I think the missiles could be really great as well, with ap3 and ignoring LoS at Bs5 you can clear small units of objective grabbers pretty effectively. The weakness comes from the 7th approach to interceptor&skyfire but the prevalence of skimmers helps with that.

Monsterous creatures?I was thinking this with a Sicarian and a bolter rapier would make a really nice durable fire base for some ba jumpers and pods. Not to mention you get aa without taking a dedicated unit. I think the missiles could be really great as well, with ap3 and ignoring LoS at Bs5 you can clear small units of objective grabbers pretty effectively. The weakness comes from the 7th approach to interceptor&skyfire but the prevalence of skimmers helps with that.

Only problem with this right now is our lack of a keeper of relics.

I would consider taking it, but without the ceramic plating. It could replace my MM bikes but that still leaves about 60 points, maybe swap corbs for a priest. Not an easy swap to make, but the Deredeo's versatility makes it a tempting option.

Why would I take this instead of a sicaran I don't understand? Sicaran has more firepower, is cheaper and faster. Both can take ceramite plating so durability is more or less the same. Is there something I am missing? It looks cool so I might include it in a list just to see it on the tabletop though.

Archived