Customizing Librarians

JGeils81

Brothers, I am looking at adding some options to a librarian and have a couple of questions if you guys have the time. It says in the codex "may take items from melee weapons, ranged weapons, special issue wargear, and/or chapter relics section of the wargear list"

What is good to add to a librarian for options? I'll be using the turmiel model from DV, is there any reason to add other gear?

Also, if you don't mind, is there a benefit to taking chaplains other than for the HQ benefit? I have a reg one, and an Asmodai.. Haven't seen what I'd use them for yet though

Thanks guys!

Sorry, I'm still trying to learn

For the Lion and the First

If not using a named character, I almost always run Librarians as my HQ. (I have an idea for chaplains but haven't run it yet.) Libbys are dirt cheap and super effective for the cost AND they come with a free AP 3 ID-causing force sword. They are also great candidates for Conversion Or Displacer Fields since they don't come with an invul save.

On foot, the Turmiel model is fine, you don't necessarily need to convert it any. A bike-mounted Libby is fantastic, I converted mine using a hooded head and the DV bike sargeant body. I also replaced the chainsword w a force axe - the T boost from the bike will help him survive long enough to strike w the axe at I1. Of I have spare points, I usually give him a meltabomb or auspex, but I find he really doesn't need any other gear or weapons.

I've never tried a Termie Libby or Jump Pack Libby. If I ran a Termie Libby, I'd definitely give him a force axe as the Terminator armour should ensure he survives to strike back.

Welcome to the Rock! For the Lion!

I have been adding librarians to my collection since the Librarius Conclave came in.

Here's my latest

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b606/Dark_master1/Librarian/F01E380E-C7C1-40C9-BAAA-927B5290CB05_zpsq5o0tbf0.jpg

DM

That is just wrong...  of course mine is still in it's 1995 paint since it is my "before" mini.

Archived