To Successor or Not?

simison

With the advent of both my II legion project and brand-new BA boxes filled with nice-looking iconography, I'm a bit stuck on what to do. Originally, I did field a BA successor chapter, but it was mostly in name. Only one model (the chapter master) looked any different from a typical BA. Additionally, the II legion is drinking up quite a bit of my creative juices. And when FW finally comes out with the BA legion, I want to build the legion proper and having a matching 40k force would be a major boon to having the legion ready to play sooner rather than later (and saving quite a bit of my money from FW's huge stomach). Yet, part of me doesn't want to give up just yet because Chapter Master Michael is done, I already know what name I would pick, I have a vague idea of a color scheme, and I've already come up with some fluff. What should I do?

I would recommend just going with standard BA, that way you won't have wonky iconography. It's a lot of work scraping the winged blood drop off every shoulder pad in the tac box!

You could just tweak it a little, or put them on the other arm as "remembrance." I do stuff like that.

Le sigh. Maybe I'll roll a die and leave it to chance. Now, do I want to use a d6 or a scatter?

I personally prefer successor chapters, because then they really are your men. You aren't tied down.

+Edit+ 

Also, I used to carry dice around with me for just that purpose, lol.

Archived