Interview with Gav Thorpe

Hertz

He's making another book called Angels of Caliban?

Ye gods man! Have you no end to our disgrace?

What happened to Abnett wanting to write a HH DAs book?

Sadly, our best appearances so far are a short story by ADB and a cameo in UE.

What's the source for this? I know we had another book coming on the Legacy of Caliban series, but didn't realise he was doing a DA HH novel.

Help us Alan Bligh Kenobi, you're our only hope.

What's the source for this? I know we had another book coming on the Legacy of Caliban series, but didn't realise he was doing a DA HH novel.

Help us Alan Bligh Kenobi, you're our only hope.

Gav himself on social media.  Twitter I believe.

Gav himself on social media.  Twitter I believe.

I did a quick scan of his FB and Twitter accounts, as well as some of his recent interviews and I didn't see anything that mentioned him doing a HH DA novel. Didn't see any mention of 'Angels of Caliban' either, so I'm holding out hope for that Abnett book...

Still, it wouldn't be the first time my seachfu has failed me.

No mention of a title tho. I dont know where that came from...

depthcharge has always had a vivid imagination... msn-wink.gif

As for his Facebook post, it hardly confirms he'll be writing HH DA. If I recall correctly Unforgiven is the title of the final book in the Legacy of Caliban series, so him finishing that draft has nothing to do with the HH.

His comment about having a meeting to talk about HH DA also doesn't mean he's writing, it could be just be a writer's meeting where he's providing input/perspective given he's (lamentably) the go-to guy for DA writing.

From the interview you dopes :P

Tyler: Any hints on future Horus Heresy or End Times books of yours you are able to give us?

Gav: I’m just starting Angels of Caliban, which unsurprisingly allows us to catch up with what’s been happening with Luther, Astelan, Zahariel and friends.

From the interview you dopes tongue.png

Tyler: Any hints on future Horus Heresy or End Times books of yours you are able to give us?

Gav: I’m just starting Angels of Caliban, which unsurprisingly allows us to catch up with what’s been happening with Luther, Astelan, Zahariel and friends.

Yay.... another story about Astellan.... awesome .... wallbash.gif .

Yeah I hate this guy with a passion, AoD was good but the rest of this stuff is :cusse.

Does Gav even listen to what comes out of his mouth?

"I'm just starting Angels of Caliban, which, UNSURPRISINGLY ALLOWS US TO CATCH UP with what's happening to 3 characters who are sitting on their butts doing nothing the entirety of the heresy. They just stand around and talk about daddy issues. Actually, I'm thinking of picking up writing romance novels [sic]."

Who the hell remains an author at BL to let us unsurprisingly catch up to the stuff that's not going on? Isn't that the purpose of most of these HH books...is to surprise us?!

Like, hey! Here's a cool guy that helps out the primarch by continuing a fight against a multitudinous and nefarious enemy on the Eastern Fringe?

Or hey! What's going on in the bowels of the Invincible reason?

Or hey! Let's explore the 6 wings of the 1st legion that we have very little idea about!

Or hey! Let's explore the 1st legion before Caliban!

I could go on ad nauseum, but what do I know? Oh that's right, I just know that the above three characters (plus Cypher) are sitting around causing problems (I guess Zahariel/Cypher to a lesser degree). But hey! Let's write a story about them doing absolutely nothing except for planning an event we saw 9 light years away!

:facepalm

I guess I'll just get this book to listen to all the stupid taunts that I get in the heresy.

I really don't know what to say. Not sure if I'm dumbstruck or enraged.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I'm trying to find the silver lining here... and all I can come up with is that at least Gav handling part of the background/story that I give zero $%&s about now. I will not be buying this book (vote with your dollars people!) and I still hold out a desperate hope that Abnett is taking on one of the topics that depthcharge raised, any of which would be more interesting than yet another jaunt to Caliban with the HH's most boring characters.

And despite the horrible relic we received in HH: Conquest, I'm still holding out hope that Bligh will finally give DA the love we've been hoping for since Angels of Death.

For HH Novels yeah... but imho, the best appearance for our chapter would be Deathwing by Bill King and The Unforgiven by Graham McNeill even though i don't like Graham Mc'Neill's works. There is always something badass about

A guy who impale a Fallen with a Power Fist, lift him up, while being showered in The Fallen blood while shouting something along the lines of 

"Such is the fate of all who defy the immortal Emperor"

after an awesome struggle against said Fallen. Cephesus was such a classy Fallen too.

Archived