Blood Angels Troops without Objective Secured?

Kastor Krieg

Yea. I admittedly have only had a handful of games in 7th, but the only time ObSec would have mattered was turning a solid victory into a crushing one.

It might be better for Eldar where their troop jetbikes can really take objectives from your scoring units towards the end.

I've experimented with both and found that while it was nice having ObSec fast Rhinos to hide all game and dash out to grab objectives at the last minute, for the most part I prefer to keep my Troops down to 2 squads of 10 Tacticals in Rhinos and spend the rest of my points on stuff that can really make the most of the +1 Initiative.  Then I rely on the Vitae Veritas to get good Warlord traits (or take Dante) rather than risk a mediocre Warlord trait.

For the most part, I've found that I haven't missed ObSec.

My last game was against an Eldar army with a bunch of obsec jet bikes. At the end of the fifth turn I had his army beaten, scouts on one objective and tacticals on the other 2. He turbo boosted the shattered remnants of his jet bikes onto objectives and said, "Well, if the game ends after this, I win."

Of course the game ended.

Depends on whether you think you can self ally, can take a CAD and a Baal Strike Force detachment together etc.

Taking two CADs or a CAD and a BSF will double your troops tax however and only half of them get ObSec.

Same with the BA archangel formations.

The Archangel Formation has a very limited selection from the elites slot. The Company of the Great Wolf detachment can take any Elite unit as mandatory Elites choice.

Then you didnt really have his army beaten. The mission is everything, dont get blinded by bloodlust. What actuallt happened is he baited you and you fell fir it, taking your eye off his troops who were the most important part of his army.

Not exactly, but thanks for the tips! The point that I was making is that ObSec CAN be pretty important when facing fast moving ObSec troops. This thread is leaning towards ObSec being relatively unimportant... I will be seriously weighing the value of it differently in the future.

The comment that I made regarding his army being beaten was to drive home the point that he had nothing but 5 or 6 Guardian Jetbikes on the table to my ~1000 points of BA left. He was tabled next turn and won by having huge movement, a lucky game-ending die roll and, most importantly, ObSec.

I like to think the the Emperor's finest had some fun with the remaining space elves after their moral victory!

Archived