Strike Force Ultra and Blood Angels

CrystalSeer

Quick question gents: I was looking at running my strike force as Blood Angels, because it looks like it would fit their style pretty well, but during my first read through, it looked like blood angels dreadnoughts could not take the venerable upgrade, which is a requirement for the formation.

Did I just not see the upgrade? Is this covered in an FAQ somewhere? Or can they legitimately just not take the unit/formation?

Quick question gents: I was looking at running my strike force as Blood Angels, because it looks like it would fit their style pretty well, but during my first read through, it looked like blood angels dreadnoughts could not take the venerable upgrade, which is a requirement for the formation.

Did I just not see the upgrade? Is this covered in an FAQ somewhere? Or can they legitimately just not take the unit/formation?

If it's a formation, I'm sure that it will specify that units much be chosen from the space marine faction, in which case, they cannot take it.

The faction is Space Marines, so you would need to run them as a Codex SM chapter. 

For the units in that Formation I'd recommend using Iron Hands Chapter Tactics, they vaguely resemble the benefits of BA (FNP, albeit without priests present) and work well with the mandatory vehicles. (IWND, not really BA'y, but tactically sound) 

Interesting that IWND and FNP 6+ are considered more Blood Angely than using your packs in both phases, or hit and run. ;)

BA have plenty of other detachments. I just wish one was a dreadstorm. Like the Chaos Murderpack, but with DCD. 

Interesting that IWND and FNP 6+ are considered more Blood Angely than using your packs in both phases, or hit and run. msn-wink.gif

BA have plenty of other detachments. I just wish one was a dreadstorm. Like the Chaos Murderpack, but with DCD.

As Strike Force Alpha doesn't include any Jump Infantry, I thought that might be a little redundant. Hit and Run would be greatly beneficial if it could be combined with Rage, but sadly that's not possible, and it doesn't do a huge amount for Terminators, so I suggested something vaguely BA'y, but also useful for the mandatory choices in the formation.

Archived