Marv's Blood Angel army WIP

marvmoogy

Hi Guys, 

I bought Deathstorm back on release day and, until yesterday, hadn't done anything with it.  After looking over the dex, I figured out my take on the Blood Angels.

I'm not after a huge army with this lot - my Dark Angels and Space Wolves are my bigger projects....but I wanted to build something this weekend so got them on the go!  

I have all the Deathstorm bits (and want to have the option of running that formation if I want to), a Sanguinary Priest, an extra dread and 10 more Death Company and Space Hulk.  My plan is:

Captain Karlean

Raphen's Death Company

Cassor the Damned

Squad Alphaeus

10 extra Death Company (all with bolt pistol, chainswords and jump packs)

A dread (either libby or fragioso)

Sanguinary Priest

Space Hulk Termies

2 Tactical Squads with Rhinos*

Baal Predator*

(*Haven't got these yet)

Unfortunately, this project is going to take a while.  I know it isn't huge, but I don't think these minis will see any paint until May / June time.....but I'll be building things up and posting pics as and when!

Looking forward to seeing the progress!  Are you not concerned that building everything prior to painting will leave you too much to paint when the time comes?

I'm about to start a Tale of Gamers with some friends and I'm thinking that building and painting a smaller amount each month is going to be a god-send!

Thanks for the interest, Fahlnor

Re the painting....I'm not the best painter out there and I have even less time than I do talent!  My Dark Angels battle company is the project that will be all my own work, but this force and the Space Wolves (which you can see here http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/10305-marvs-space-wolves/) get done by a chappy for me.   The modelling aspect is the part of the hobby I enjoy the most so happy to build and let someone else paint them so I get a decent result.  I have other bits in the pipeline hence the delay to May / June.

The other good thing about building them up first is that I can play with them while I'm waiting for them to get done....I wait to see what Cassor the Damned does when he's rubbing shoulders with Murderfang and they both turn up turn 1 in drop pod assault style!

Today hasn't been that busy - too much work to prep for tomorrow unfortunately....but I did build a frag cannon for the AoBR dread I have knocking around.  

Fingers crossed I'll get some pics up this week and maybe get the final dreadnought built next weekend......but we shall see...the 6 nations starts so hobby time will be on the back burner!

Archived