Chaos Deathstar

Hiskrtapps

What about this Chaos Deathstar?

Chaos Kharybdis Assault Claw
3x Chaos Rapier Weapons Carrier
Abaddon
Zhufor
Cypher (guarantee hit and run to unit)

Total... 1010 points (rapier remain with quad gun).

All is embarked on claw to deep strike insode the battle
Agains fire it had  T7 (until there is at least an artillery).
It fire with rapier (but snapshot turn rapier disembarks)
If assaulted they're very strong.
To assault artillery must be unjoined.

They are 10 IC wounds (all Eternal Warrior), 6 R7 wounds of batteries + 6 crew marines

Can it work?

120 points for your IC retinue that garantees T7 at your entire unit against fire seems not bad at all.

it moves 6" per turn right and, I could be horribly wrong here, can artirely models charge at all?

Artillery cannot charge.

With pod you are in front of enemy..

Rest of list could be 2x10 cultists and spawn to stop enemy units and permit deathstar ti arrive.

Lots of eggs in one basket personally.

Why eggs?

They pimp each other:

- pod for mobility

- artillery for toughness and fire

- ICs for assalut

- Cypher for hit and run

It seems that in this case total is more than single values..

What about this Chaos Deathstar?

Chaos Kharybdis Assault Claw
3x Chaos Rapier Weapons Carrier
Abaddon
Zhufor
Cypher (guarantee hit and run to unit)
Total... 1010 points (rapier remain with quad gun).
All is embarked on claw to deep strike insode the battle
Agains fire it had T7 (until there is at least an artillery).
It fire with rapier (but snapshot turn rapier disembarks)
If assaulted they're very strong.
To assault artillery must be unjoined.
They are 10 IC wounds (all Eternal Warrior), 6 R7 wounds of batteries + 6 crew marines
Can it work?
120 points for your IC retinue that garantee T7 at your entire unit against fire seems not bad at all.

I think if you like the look of it testing it a few times has some merit. Tell us how it goes. biggrin.png

for 1000pts you could take 3 sorc and 2 lord on bikes with 3 bikes in 2 CADS with 6x10 cultists. 2xtelephathy 1xCS divination one CS nurgle lord and one normal cheap lord for killing normal dudes. or 4 sorc and 1 lord going 2xtele 1xcs divination and 1 bio/tele +CS nurgle lord.

for 1000pts you could take 3 sorc and 2 lord on bikes with 3 bikes in 2 CADS with 6x10 cultists. 2xtelephathy 1xCS divination one CS nurgle lord and one normal cheap lord for killing normal dudes. or 4 sorc and 1 lord going 2xtele 1xcs divination and 1 bio/tele +CS nurgle lord.

Liked for sig.

It doesn't move 12", which is mandatory for Deathstars. Sounds ok for casual gaming but any savvy player will just spread out in the deployment phase. Even if you get 1 unit, that's 1000 pts of your army that's doing nothing for the rest of the game unless your opponent is losing really badly.

It doesn't move 12", which is mandatory for Deathstars. Sounds ok for casual gaming but any savvy player will just spread out in the deployment phase. Even if you get 1 unit, that's 1000 pts of your army that's doing nothing for the rest of the game unless your opponent is losing really badly.

All true. But you're in a claw that moves fast.

E bravo Hiskrtapps, benvenuto su B&C.

I think that the deathstar could work, expensive indeed, but it could work. It is a lot of points for a deathstar but in my experience if player right any combination is viable. On a side note while I love the Hit&Run rule from Cypher I find it a bit redundant in such a unit. Effectively the deathstar will come down, descend from the pod and then blast everything it points its guns at for several turns or as long as the artillery stays alive, so moving around unless in dire need should not be a necessity. Ofc. once the guns are dead you just let loose Abby and Zhufor. 

As I have said, it could work. On the other hand it has many hard counters which negate the high toughness and it is quickly dead against a nimble army loaded with poisoned weapons (Dark Eldar for example). The added bonus is that it would draw an incredible amount of enemy fire on it leaving other things unscathed.  

Only the nurgle crimson lord on bike is a must have-choice.

In this case you spammed HQ (sorcerer and lords) that are fast but they not kill anyone.

Try to face a space wolf deathstar with all units you mentioned, or 2, 3, 4 marine biked HQ... maybe you can survive two turns.

E bravo Hiskrtapps, benvenuto su B&C.

I think that the deathstar could work, expensive indeed, but it could work. It is a lot of points for a deathstar but in my experience if player right any combination is viable. On a side note while I love the Hit&Run rule from Cypher I find it a bit redundant in such a unit. Effectively the deathstar will come down, descend from the pod and then blast everything it points its guns at for several turns or as long as the artillery stays alive, so moving around unless in dire need should not be a necessity. Ofc. once the guns are dead you just let loose Abby and Zhufor. 

As I have said, it could work. On the other hand it has many hard counters which negate the high toughness and it is quickly dead against a nimble army loaded with poisoned weapons (Dark Eldar for example). The added bonus is that it would draw an incredible amount of enemy fire on it leaving other things unscathed.  

Ciao Tenebris, I'm a B&C member since 2010 :)

It's my preferred english forum.

I'm happy you found good aspects in my idea..

I think I should try the unit. I will compose a 1500pt. list.

That's in a 1500 list. Please, don't play against Knights or Tau. Otherwise let us know how it goes. Three games at least please (and keep a kill tally).

That's in a 1500 list. Please, don't play against Knights or Tau. Otherwise let us know how it goes. Three games at least please (and keep a kill tally).

That's the ultimate test of a Deathstar though: that I can bring five or six Riptides and you still win...

But I can see there may be certain scope, although I'm not utterly convinced by the concept.

Why someone take more than 2 Riptides is beyond me...but I'm more of a Crisis Fan than most I suppose.  If GW "rebalances" the tau by taking away the ability to have double suit weapons-we better get BS4 elites like everybody else, markerlights or no.

Why someone take more than 2 Riptides is beyond me...but I'm more of a Crisis Fan than most I suppose. If GW "rebalances" the tau by taking away the ability to have double suit weapons-we better get BS4 elites like everybody else, markerlights or no.

Because they can. Besides, that isn't the topic here. Thank you.

Archived