More DA rumours

Chaplain Lucifer

Hmm is this a campaign supplement, or just Gav's latest Caliban Trilogy? The description is not quite clear whether it is just fluff front or game front. Since Gav's Legacy of Astellan Caliban is treading the same path as the description Chaplain Lucifer stated. With no new codex, i don't think anything get moved around FoC wise. If it's game supplement, we gonna get some formations. Hopefully AWESOME formations biggrin.png. Like FREE plasma pistols for everybody biggrin.png.

Chaplain Lucifer's information sounds to me like the conclusion of Gav's Legacy of Caliban trilogy. I'd love to see a campaign set with the Dark Angels in it, or a new codex that finally lays to rest the speculation about Deathwing/Ravenwing detachments, but I don't believe this rumour is about either of those things.

If it's anything like the BA book, expect DWT and bikes to move back to their codex-adherent slots.

Deathwing will get their own detachment (Warlord traits, relics, 1-2 HQ, 2-20 elites????), as will ravenwing.

So you'd be able to take a greenwing detachment with or without elite deathwing, then a separate deathwing detachment wit its own detachment bonuses  (probably deathwing assault??).

I don't think so. Unlike BA assault squads we always had bikes and termites as Troops one way or another.

Yes...through taking a special character, and in 6th and previous editions.

7th ed is about detachments. Previously, units were moved to troops so that you could take more of them, and use them as the compulsory units. Now with force-org antics, you don't need to start switching things around (which unit was elite, which unit was troops, etc) to have them as the compulsory.

If you want to see how a 1st company is represented in 7th edition, look at Exterminatus.

Wish GW would work out some way to improve the balance between Elite force armies and shot spam armies.

And I hope when the new codex comes it isn't just a case of getting all the Deathwing special rules taken off the units and stuffed into Formation bonuses.

Avccording to last rumors from BOLS the next campaign will involve Sororitas + SM (codex i guess) against CSM + CD of Tzeentch probably with Sororitas codex and Tzeentch supplement with new GD and plastic TS...

More wait For the DA... I think FW will put out DA rules (in about 2/3 years) BEFORE GW...!!! :D

How can you be sure? GW has been putting Codexes out vat a very fast rate. Our own Codex is from 2012 and we are still beggining 2015. The old ones served us for way more years than that and they were much worse than our current one.

Didn't our codex come out early 2013, not 2012? If youre right then I've forgotten my wedding anniversary and my wife will surely make me report to chamber 42...

Avccording to last rumors from BOLS the next campaign will involve Sororitas + SM (codex i guess) against CSM + CD of Tzeentch probably with Sororitas codex and Tzeentch supplement with new GD and plastic TS...

More wait For the DA... I think FW will put out DA rules (in about 2/3 years) BEFORE GW...!!! biggrin.png

Given the Sicaran, Scorpious, and Fire Raptor... I might actually prefer forgeworld rules biggrin.png

How can you be sure? GW has been putting Codexes out vat a very fast rate. Our own Codex is from 2012 and we are still beggining 2015. The old ones served us for way more years than that and they were much worse than our current one.

Didn't our codex come out early 2013, not 2012? If youre right then I've forgotten my wedding anniversary and my wife will surely make me report to chamber 42...

Probably 2013. I saw a copyright 2002-2012 on the first page and assumed 2012 as I was not entirely sure if it was 2013. In any case makes my point better because people can't be disappointed that the codeX isn't renewed after only 2 years and a half. :)

Gees, the way that Dark Angels are mentioned I have about zero percent confidence in this.

I have to say in the past while rumour reliability has been at an all time low. Don't get me wrong, I desperately want updated Dark Angels AND Chaos, but I just don't see it from a logical perspective.

I'm playing my Necrons and seeing how much fun "FUNCTIONAL" formation play is, and DA NEED this at the least. I picked up the Baal Campaign book which is very expensive.... even overpriced if you're honest. BUT it has some really important stuff in it for Nids/Blood Angels/Necrons.

Oddly enough the best of it is for Necrons in my opinion but there are some minor nuggets for BA. After Necrons came out I think GW finally got how to attract people to a Formation style of codex.

I think the best way GW can generate money while keeping the hobbiest/gamer happy is to do these Campaigns but in a wider arena. The Baal Book is very close, but a miss for the most part. It just has too much crap in it that no one is ever going to use. But i still think it's the easiest way to update an army without having to do a massive book that appeals to only one player type.

Also as a side note, I've read an equal amount of rumours that seem to state that GW is done with codexes now that they're all up to hardcover (for the most part).

++++++++++++++++++++++

Going back to the rumour concept.... I am flashing back to just recently how there was very little about Necrons right up til 'sneak peaks' in future White Dwarfs started coming out. And the rumours of what Necrons do was so bad... it was just so terribly off the mark. Bottom line the rumour mill is horrid.... It's incredibly inaccurate now.  Almost right up until we had the Necron codex come out it was heavily rumoured Gauss was going to double strength on 6's. Almost every other aspect of the rumours were equally wrong all the way up to the codex getting leaked.

I think DA and Chaos need something, but I still believe logically this will come in the form of a Campaign book only. Which I will gladly take.

From that on Faiet I am getting Fallen more than "DA"

This bit:

drbored
I'm honestly really hoping that Chaos Space Marines gets some attention. Let's get some properly sized Plague Marines, updated Khorne Berzerkers, and Noise Marines and Thousand Sons that aren't half Finecast, kthxbai

Hastings Response
But not as part of the stuff in this thread, well unless you count the bad SM as CSM? (if you know what I mean)

Maybe Cypher, Maybe that which enrages us when others speak it will turn out to be true..  (There will be ragequit...)

I'm with you on the zero confidence part.

With the exception of some vallejo paints I'm putting all hobby related purchases on hold until either

1. the month of May and the 'big' announcement   or
  2. Games Workshop decides it's finally a good idea to inform it's customers which direction they are headed

I think we all know which is more likely.  

I'm playing my Necrons and seeing how much fun "FUNCTIONAL" formation play is, and DA NEED this at the least. I picked up the Baal Campaign book which is very expensive.... even overpriced if you're honest. BUT it has some really important stuff in it for Nids/Blood Angels/Necrons.

Oddly enough the best of it is for Necrons in my opinion but there are some minor nuggets for BA. After Necrons came out I think GW finally got how to attract people to a Formation style of codex.

I got Exterminatus as a BA player too and while most of the formations in it are questionable at best, some are pretty awesome. It is sad they left probably the best ones to go in WD though mellow.png (the triple Storm Raven one...).

Edit: But like some people are saying, it isn't as good as the Space Wolves one (16 elite slots holla) but they get the job done!

Hmm is this a campaign supplement, or just Gav's latest Caliban Trilogy? The description is not quite clear whether it is just fluff front or game front. Since Gav's Legacy of Astellan Caliban is treading the same path as the description Chaplain Lucifer stated.  

I would be perfectly ok with that, I have been waiting for the next book. 

Give me a Dark Angels Tactical Squad set similar to that of the Blood Angels, updated generic bike and attack bike kits (with bits for Ravenwing and Whtie Scars of course) that are of the quality of the Dark Vengeance starter set bikes (i.e. no hockey glove fingers!), and a few characters, and I will be quite the happy camper.  Oh, and they can do a Cypher too I guess.  And a Thunderhawk, in plastc.  Not much to ask, right?

Give me a Dark Angels Tactical Squad set similar to that of the Blood Angels, updated generic bike and attack bike kits (with bits for Ravenwing and Whtie Scars of course) that are of the quality of the Dark Vengeance starter set bikes (i.e. no hockey glove fingers!), and a few characters, and I will be quite the happy camper.  Oh, and they can do a Cypher too I guess.  And a Thunderhawk, in plastc.  Not much to ask, right?

This

I am hearing more and more out there pointing to a summer campaign involving Dark Angels, Sisters (blah!), and Chaos... specifically Thousand sons.

Again, I really believe the best of all hopes is -tiny- formations that help Dark Angels. I don't want to see anymore like the big fat useless ones in the Baal Campaign book. Something like:

Azrael's Hunt:

You must take: Azrael, and 4 librarians. 3 bike squads and 10 scout squads.

*Special Rule: While Azrael is alive, all units are 'stubborn'. If Azrael dies all stubborn units become Fearless. As long as Azrael is alive, starting in turn 4 you can re-roll your reserve rolls.

Stuff like that is all over the Baal Book and published in various other formats. It will just make an already embittered Dark Angel community even... angrier! (If that is possible.)

The Necrons got good little formations. So I want to see smaller formations which can be added to CAD's or even just unit type of formations. IE:

Take a squadron of 2-4 Nephiims.

Special Rule: Lion Engine Dogfighters. When a Nephilim is fired upon by an opponent, you may take one of your untargeted Nephilim's and fire back at the opponent's targeting unit.

Cool stuff like that. Or even just more basic stuff that makes slightly unusable stuff cooler....

Covert Talon Operation:

1-2 Dark Shrouds

1-3 squadrons of Landspeeder Vengeance

While a Dark Shroud is within 12" of a unit of Landspeeder Vengeance(s), the unit may fire its plasma cannon normally even if having jinked in the previous round.

Targeting relay: If the Dark Shroud has not fired this turn, it may relay targeting intelligence to a squadron of Vengeance Speeders, increasing their Plasma range to 36".

++++++++++++++++

I mean I'd use it.... what about a Terminator Chaplain special rules within a termie squad. Something that gives Termies FnP survivability plus a little buff? Or shooting protection?

Sorry for wishlisting. I'm just setting myself up for disappointment I know. But a guy can dream.....

I still see the mini-formations as the saving grace for 'dead' units or armies with some aging difficulties. It's just a real easy way to get rules to 3-4 codexes without rewriting them all, and you can accomplish this in one publication that interests MUCH larger groups of players.

I really think it would be a win/win for GW and us.

I'm really hoping that's what this summer's campaign turns out to be (if it even exists.)

despite the rumored name

"DarkStorm"

really hoping this is true and we see DA formations to fluff out the original 6 wings of DA.

DW, RW, Dreadwing, Stormwing ( a name which has already been cannibalized), Ironwing and.... and..... the other one. ermm.gif

From faeit

Despite all these wonderful rumor releases it would seem the next 40k campaign has been forgotten.. it will be a summer kick off just like stormclaw/red waaggh was..

the only thing i can confirm for 40k is a new imperial supplement. codex but i haven't been told one way or the other if it will be called skitarri.

And

2015 will be the year of supplements and campaigns. Dark angels will almost certainly feature in the next campaign which i heard quite possibly is called DarkStorm

So instead of giving DA a better codex they Will give us a 240€ campaign supplement (70€ first book + 100€ boxed set + 70€ srcond book) and probably some WD esclusive numbers with more formations...

We Will have lot of formations and FOCs tat Will use our overcosted codex to raise its value from mediocre to passable...

Genius!!!

I would not have too high expectations. Most likely the binding of units to chars (DW to Balial - RW to Samael) will go away and will be replaced by formations as already said. I have the strong feeling that debuffs like the rad grenade the stasis bomb and the ravenwing grenade launcher will be redone and will lack synergy to other units. Said that - we might loose the special powerfields. On the good side GW might have a look on our fliers. But thats the only thing that I can see on our + side.

From faeit

Despite all these wonderful rumor releases it would seem the next 40k campaign has been forgotten.. it will be a summer kick off just like stormclaw/red waaggh was..

the only thing i can confirm for 40k is a new imperial supplement. codex but i haven't been told one way or the other if it will be called skitarri.

And

2015 will be the year of supplements and campaigns. Dark angels will almost certainly feature in the next campaign which i heard quite possibly is called DarkStorm

So instead of giving DA a better codex they Will give us a 240€ campaign supplement (70€ first book + 100€ boxed set + 70€ srcond book) and probably some WD esclusive numbers with more formations...

We Will have lot of formations and FOCs tat Will use our overcosted codex to raise its value from mediocre to passable...

Genius!!!

A book that needs no supplements gets.... Supplements!! I have little hope.

From faeit

And

Genius!!!

A book that needs no supplements gets.... Supplements!! I have little hope.
Campaign books are a different thing from supplements...

And do you think DA need no supplement? No campaign book? No more book? Nothing?

You want just a bad written codex every 5 years???

Archived