More DA rumours

Chaplain Lucifer

Well, by your very negative train of though (you state we have bad writtenbooks every five years), why would be the supplement/campaign/whatever any better? That way we just get bad expensive books every two years and a half. ;)

DA Books have been rising in quality, the problem is that some other books (Eldar,Tau) got too much power.

I don't really think our codex is a bad one.

I think it has more to do with game design.

We are an elite force and we can go toe to toe to most foes is necessary...what we can't handle is the weight of bodies/light weapons/light vehicles.

Imperial Knights? we smash them with DW knights

MC/Riptide? grenade launcher + plasma talons

Swarms? only WW and flamers...which is too close and then suffer assault+being swamped

We do have the BoD + bolter gunline: static and extremely expensive in requirements (forget about points): HQ+comand squad+3-4 bolter units...

TL;DR We only lack rate of fire, in an edition that rewards numbers which we can't assume.

We are an elite force and we can go toe to toe to most foes is necessary...what we can't handle is the weight of bodies/light weapons/light vehicles.

Swarms? only WW and flamers...which is too close and then suffer assault+being swamped

We do have the BoD + bolter gunline: static and extremely expensive in requirements (forget about points): HQ+comand squad+3-4 bolter units...

TL;DR We only lack rate of fire, in an edition that rewards numbers which we can't assume.

imo these are the problems with our codex, brb, and community. The triumvirate has come togeather in such a way that we are bad. I don't think we are a bad army at all but I think that we need to be trying more New things with our brb is in order.

The da codex in its current edition is a 6th edition codex that thinks it's still 5th edition (because really in 5th our codex would be an absolute bargain and pretty decent) and it's not either of those editions anymore it's 7th.

Another thing we have problems with is that we live in mindsets. Both the books internal psychology and our players.

The book emphasises things that aren't useful anymore, taking x as troops is fairly irrelevant now and our book basically does that and nothing else. It's built around Elite infantry spammed to oblivion and back and again that is fairly useless now too. Well rounded forces (not units; whole armies that cover all their bases) are carrying the day.

And players of our codex have bought into it. I really don't feel that x as troops spam armies will be all that practical in the future. Deathwing is incredibly difficult to manage, crimson fists sternguard spam is tough too, it's not so bad because it's in a well oiled and thoroughly detailed codex but it's not easy, and biker armies are 1) going the way of the do do with no more de Jetbike troops, or ork biker troops, and so on, and 2) what I feel will be a bad 8th edition brb for them down the line. I really do see gdub killing bikes hard next brb to continue this trend maybe by removing hit & run, or removing jink. And everywhere you look on dakka, mwging, reddit, whatever you look at these days it's ravenwing pure generic list no 1788 or deathwing pure copy no 27391.

Can we do nothing else? is this really all we as a dark Angel player community have cooked up in the years we have had with our current codex? Spam terminators or bikes like it's a firesale at the flgs on fast and elite choice slots? I think that we need new material we've grown collectively predictable

Warning: this post is not directed to any particular. As a non-native English speaker, I use the pronouns freely and intend to finger pointing.

Whilst I agree that 7th edition is a complicated playground for us, I refuse to grant GW all the responsibility.

Do we play maelstrom games? Rivals get quite upset when they have to kill your models to the last guy because they won't shift and you keep racking up points...

Are you demanding of your opponents playstyle? If you carry a dragon, I'm gonna be extremely unforgiving about the arc and reach...same with flyers and their 45ª turns etc etc Forgot to name that your missiles were targeting the ground? You're rolling 6s, better memory next time...

Are you gonna sit back and pump shots away? I'll set up BLOS scenary and we can spend 3 hours with neither moving...wohooo

Ours is the choice of rival and game...and if we don't like facing X, we're not forced to!

As for Tournaments...if most of the players agree to certain limits or playstyles, I'm sure the TO will help in that way...or find their tournaments empty because people refuse to play s 5 IK or a foursome alliance that not even the proverbial beard cheeser can defend on paper.

TL;DR Chose your opponents wisely and don't be an :cuss ... you'll probably have more fun

...same with flyers and their 45ª turns etc etc Forgot to name that your missiles were targeting the ground? You're rolling 6s, better memory next time...

Fliers get a 90 degree turn?...   Unless the flier in question is limited in its own codex...

Edit:  And fliers dont have to declare they are shooting at ground.  They have to declare if they are shooting skyfire.  So you have that bit backwards too.

imo these are the problems with our codex, brb, and community. The triumvirate has come togeather in such a way that we are bad. I don't think we are a bad army at all but I think that we need to be trying more New things with our brb is in order.

The da codex in its current edition is a 6th edition codex that thinks it's still 5th edition (because really in 5th our codex would be an absolute bargain and pretty decent) and it's not either of those editions anymore it's 7th.

Another thing we have problems with is that we live in mindsets. Both the books internal psychology and our players.

The book emphasises things that aren't useful anymore, taking x as troops is fairly irrelevant now and our book basically does that and nothing else. It's built around Elite infantry spammed to oblivion and back and again that is fairly useless now too. Well rounded forces (not units; whole armies that cover all their bases) are carrying the day.

And players of our codex have bought into it. I really don't feel that x as troops spam armies will be all that practical in the future. Deathwing is incredibly difficult to manage, crimson fists sternguard spam is tough too, it's not so bad because it's in a well oiled and thoroughly detailed codex but it's not easy, and biker armies are 1) going the way of the do do with no more de Jetbike troops, or ork biker troops, and so on, and 2) what I feel will be a bad 8th edition brb for them down the line. I really do see gdub killing bikes hard next brb to continue this trend maybe by removing hit & run, or removing jink. And everywhere you look on dakka, mwging, reddit, whatever you look at these days it's ravenwing pure generic list no 1788 or deathwing pure copy no 27391.

Can we do nothing else? is this really all we as a dark Angel player community have cooked up in the years we have had with our current codex? Spam terminators or bikes like it's a firesale at the flgs on fast and elite choice slots? I think that we need new material we've grown collectively predictable

What else are we going to use? Tacticals? Scouts?

We have fewer units than vanilla space marines, fewer special characters, and every unique unit we do have are either deathwing or ravenwing. That's like complaining that tyranids use monstrous creatures or that eldar use skimmers. We're not crippled by deathwing or ravenwing. That's the stylistic choice of the list, and something Dark Angel player expect. As far as army lists go, it's unique now. Only white scars can attempt to pull off a similar list, and even then it would have to vary greatly in support units.

There is no indication that GW will get rid of ravenwing or deathwing forces. As a formation, perhaps, but they won't be gone entirely.

Honestly, if you find bike and terminator lists boring, you're playing the wrong army :/. While I do play a great variety of lists, from tac spam to vehicle heavy, to a fair mix of everything, I still have a large ravenwing and deathwing force. Ravenwing are still my favored list and they can do things that other armies can't.

I wouldn't mind a larger variety of units, such as Attack Bike squadrons as heavy support, as well as terminator squads that can take 2 heavy weapons per 5 terminators as heavy support. If Dark Angels are supposed to have access to all kinds of technology, then why not allow terminators to take grav cannon and multi-meltas, and attack bikes to take heavy flamer, plasma cannon, and grav cannon?

Ultimately they're a devastator squad for the given army list and there is no reason they can't be moved to heavy support and possibly be given extra weapons.

Anyway, this is leading very far away from the original rumor.

...same with flyers and their 45ª turns etc etc Forgot to name that your missiles were targeting the ground? You're rolling 6s, better memory next time...

Fliers get a 90 degree turn?...   Unless the flier in question is limited in its own codex...

Edit:  And fliers dont have to declare they are shooting at ground.  They have to declare if they are shooting skyfire.  So you have that bit backwards too.

I was writting in a rush, but I stand corrected and I appreciated that you let me know :)

@Isiah, no hate fest, its just we have wheels within wheels...I could tell you but I'd have to purge you (heretic!) :P

Won't let me quote for some reason.

Well this is in response to Master Sheol when he said "We Will get probably just the alternative FOC and formations..."

Well is that a bad thing? After all Nids got that and a few new toys. Same thing can happen to DA as well. So to me that is a good thing. Not sure if you ment it as a good thing or not.

Hopefully we see us getting a Mortis Dread entry in our actual codex rather than out of the Imperial Armour book. This will make sense seeing as we don't have a limit to how many we can take from that book like other chapters and we need a solid AA option as I highly doubt we will be given Stormravens or the other AA C:SM toys.

I would gladly settle for some new Formations, Detachments and Data Slates in the meantime, remaining positive with fingers crossed :)

Looking at the trends for campaign books, brother Stobz, most likely there will be a limited release of the campaign book in hardcover. If looking at the trend again, it'll come in at least 2 books, 1 at the end for DA since we gonna be  showing up to "save the day", and the previous book(s) being dedicated to the auxiliaries and xenos.... or chaos in this case.  Unless of course GW changed their release again and only release in soft cover. 

Mind you, that this is based on observations i see from Leviathan and Exterminatus. To a certain extent was also from The Red Waaagh and The Hour of the Wolf. Let's just see how this pan out if it pans out at all. 

Edit: To a certain extent also includes The End Times campaign books for FB.

When was the last time GeeDub kept a format throughout a whole project or theme? :lol: It would be nice to predict something similar to what you said, I just doubt it Brother Varizel.

Whatever we get will be appreciated at least up until we see it's content ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see more made of our chapters supposed ancient artifacts and abilities to use them/preserven them.

Greenwing - something like better shooting when using plasma weapons (maybe We roll two dice for our gets hot and pick the better)

Deathwing - termies being able to deepstrike run and then snap shoot (would help to bring back squads of regular termies) fits how I imagine them working without being over powerful. One way of taking say one unit as troops no matter what HQ. you took.

Ravenwing - a way of using them as troops without relying the two current expensive Hq choices would suit me fine here as I think they are already pretty darn good.

I'd also like to see other ways in which our termies can arrive, ie teleporters as optional extras on tacticals as I cannot understand why they wouldn't want their battle brothers showing up next to them for support (seems crazy that all the teleport homers are given to just the rqvenwing.

All of these styles of rules could be made into reality through formations so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and the key to chamber 42 ready incase they mess up and simply give me new units to buy that I don't want or formations which require 10 of this and 10 of that to play!

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/03/40k-rumors-the-next-three-redone-codices-are.html

Some rumors and no DA in sight. I just hope they dont get mixed in with the SM codex :

BOLS is well known for publishing rumors long after they've hit and acting like they are a new and defacto source. That entire wad of rumors has been swirling for, what, 2 months? Except they swapped Dark Angels for Space Marines.

I don't really put any stock in that website.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/03/40k-rumors-the-next-three-redone-codices-are.html

Some rumors and no DA in sight. I just hope they dont get mixed in with the SM codex :

BOLS is well known for publishing rumors long after they've hit and acting like they are a new and defacto source. That entire wad of rumors has been swirling for, what, 2 months? Except they swapped Dark Angels for Space Marines.

I don't really put any stock in that website.

Oh i did no know, sorry. 

Is there other, more reliable websites ? 

The only reliable rumors we have by now is about an "update" later this year following a summer campaign SoB style related to the Codex Tzeentch (Like the Codex Khorne that Will be out in about 10 days) Too...

We dont know if this update Will be a codex, or a supplement or just the FOCs and formations comun out the campaign...

Lords of Wargaming said they dont know about a codex DA coming out this year...

Both Hastings and LoW are reliable sources so i guess we Will have just the update on the campaign books and no codex in 2015...

Just My speculations on nowadays rumors...

Archived