Dark Angels Imperial Knights House

DarkAngeal

Hello brothers, I am currently putting together an imperial knight, my first super heavy. I read through C:IK, but none of the houses or heraldry jumped out at me. I want to write up a back story for a knight house on old caliban before the heracy.

What I want to know: has anybody else already created this? Also, do you want me to post the story here?

Let's start at the beginning then, with the arrival of the Lion on Caliban.

As we all know, the Lion arrived on Caliban, a planet filled with large beasts that had been corrupted and twisted by chaos. He grew up, alone in the wilderness, and nobody knows how he survived. The humans on Caliban all lived within vast fortresses, and defended themselves from the great beasts. This is the culture that the Lion was adopted into when he was found by the Order, and Luther. We also know of the great crusade, lead by the Lion, to purge Caliban of the beasts that hunted them day and night.

It was during this great crusade that the Imperial Knight Titan was discovered, a relic of the origin of man on Caliban.

The Knight Titan was found in the clutches of a great skeletal beast, both locked in an eternal embrace. It looked like the beast and the knight had slain each other in some millennia past. The order worked to free the Knight from the grasp of the beast, and brought it back to the capital of Caliban where it was presented to the Lion. There were many that resented the Lion at this time on Caliban, for even though he had freed them from the tyranny of the beasts in the forests, he had also assumed command of the entire planet.

The Lion (acting on the advice of the very charismatic Luther), bestowed the gargantuan machine on a great family to gain their support-- the Lazarus family. Even though the archaic technology was beyond their understanding, it came with the honorific title, "the Wardens of Caliban".

Time passed, and Caliban was reunited with the imperium of man. With all of the resources and technology of the imperium came the support of the Adeptus Mechanicus, who were able to bring the damaged knight to life once more. They painted it to match the black armour of the space marines which they served alongside, and adorned it with the crest of their family, a serpent and a scythe.

The Betrayal:

At the time of the great betrayal, house Lazarus was on Caliban, and fought against the traitors. Most of the family was slaughtered, and a few were imprisoned in the great fortress monastery that would become known as "the Rock". They were found there after the battle, and the destruction of Caliban. The knight titan was repainted, and house Lazerus abandoned their crest, as they were no longer worthy of it, having failed in their quest to protect Caliban. They now travel on the Rock with the Dark Angels, and are on an eternal quest to restore their honour... which can only be achieved by the hand of the Emperor, or that of the Lion himself.

The current pilot of the Knight Titan is Jairus of Lazarus.

Model is looking good and I really like the back story.  I run an IK "Master Sindiferous" with my Dark Angels.  Back story is he threw in with DW, being the lone survivor, after they arrived too late to save his home world from the Fallen.  I wanted to show a different paint scheme and went with Teal and gold, but painted his shield to match DW right shoulder pads.  I will try to upload pics later.  Use him for heavy support instead of land raider.  Price is a little higher, but not with upgrades and dedicated DW vehicle.  He's also ok in melee with tanks and heavies but bogs down with troops.  Makes up for limited number of DW models on the board.

Maybe I'll develop my back story a little more also after reading yours.  Thanks for sharing.

Archived