Mini Batrep!

ContemptuousAngel

I'm happy to report my first solid win in 7th edition! 

Yesterday I busted my opponent's ten game winning streak, despite a faltering start to the game on my part. 

His list was Tyranids with lots of winged hive tyrants and a gargantuan monstrous creature. 

Mine was 2000 points of death company, a sang guard squad, a sang priest, mephiston, and Seth as my warlord.

It was glorious.

Turn 1:

He set up and went first. His Hiedrolue (however that thing is spelled) was quite intimidating. I had stupidly boxed myself in, with my landraider redeemer stuck in some trees for cover, thinking like a dark eldar player. Xenos thinking nearly cost me the game! I got one shot off with my vindicator, pasted lots of gaunts. 

Turn 2:

He annihlated a death company squad and my DC dreadnought, played as Casor the damned. It was demoralizing. Then the Heidrolue immobalized my landraider. Nobody inside died. Flying hive tyrants, able to start out on the field, are very broken, IMHO

My storm eagle, Mephiston, and sanguinary guard came in. (LUCKY) I shot the crap out of the GMC with the Eagle and power of the machine spirited two large blast bolter templates on some gaunts. Mephiston and his small squad of death company chaps went HAM on the closest thing they could go all HAM on, which was his command squad- 3 Zorathropes and his warlord. They killed it dead. GMC down to one wound from good rolling with Krak and Lascannons.

Turn 3: 

His hiedrolue somehow failed to kill Seth and his DC. He really couldn't do anything but kill the landraider. That was fine. His gaunts and warriors finished up my last jump packing DC marines. He had a carnifex with a giant cannon that was shooting my "command squad" (seth and DC) that didn't do very well against them. 

Seth and company failed to assault the giant cannon. Mephiston and Sang guard get out and start wrecking face. Mephy goes after the GMC and gives it a prostate exam with his force sword, killing it dead. Sang guard and Sang priests go after a squad of warriors and a squad of gaunts hugging an objective. They kill the warriors on the charge. FLYING TERMINATORS! This was that squad's first game and they were the stars of the show. Eagle puts wounds on flying hive tyrant. because of non synapse, the gaunts eat each other, cutting the squad in half.

Turn 4:

He widdles down the last death company with fire. Fails somehow to charge them with a flying hive tyrant. 

Sang priest and Guard finish off the guants, losing 2 sang guard in the process, to take objective three. Mephiston assaults (rolled 11 on the charge!) a mob of gaunts with 9 strength 9 initiative 9 attacks (rolled very well for quickening). That should go down in the annals of one sided fight history. Seth detaches from DC, who fail to assault the giant cannon, to go after Objective 1, which was behind the destroyed landraider. Storm eagle provides support with fire, killing a winged hive tyrant.

Turn 5:

In a fit of spite, the lord of death is destroyed by mass fire from the giant cannon thing. Sad. Oh well. He's only taking a nap. One of his Winged Hive Tyrants fails to assault my last death company marines (3 of them left). 

Sang priest detaches from the Sang Guard, who go after Objective 2, which is covered in the slime of the giant cannon monster's arse. They kill it easily. The death company gets the charge off on the grounded winged hive tyrant. He takes one of them out before he dies. It was amazing. 

I could not believe that I'd won. It was like the Browns beating the Patriots. 

We will have a rematch soon. 

It was glorious indeed. I can picture Mephiston channelling Legolas to assault the giant thing. No xeno, no matter the size can withstand his wrath.

Sounds like a very fun game, too bad Seth didn't do much. I like him, always hope to hear about his fits of rage.

Cheers for the win, though maybe today is not the best day to put the Pats into analogies. Some people (not me) can still be a little sore cool.png

Archived