Black Templar..erm...dude painted for Firepower.

Eberious

Firepower, look no further or I'll be a'paddlin you! 

A mini painted for Firepower as secret santa. A little late, but better than never...right. Made my best mate wait 3 months for his birthday pressie year before last.  

Damn paint kept going wrong, I restarted 3-4 times more so on the..oh wait  can say to much.

So like FP said in his thread, hush hush guys/gals. I've left the little crusade badges blank so he can add his own crusade design to it. 

So, c&c most welcome

Someone will have to fill in for Firepower and be overly harsh... :/

The model has a nice pose starting off, but it seems like just that... posed. The wind whipped tabard looks fantastic and screams movement, but underlines that the character is actually not in motion. That isn't really a bad thing mind you, it just looks like he's having a painting made.

The weapon and shield both look good here too, but where are the chains?!? The sword is very over the top and that is perfect really, it fits the pose and Firepower's personality! ;) The shield is suitably massive and chunky looking, almost like a slab of concrete was strapped onto his arm and worked into the shape of a shield.

The red on the tabard is very well done and the crosses do a great job of breaking up the huge expanse. The armor itself though looks really... grey. :/ I don't know if it's "dust" or not, but there is so much of it that the model doesn't really say black any more. It doesn't help that the legs just run right into the base with little to tell where one starts and the other stops. It's a good basing, but too close to the same color as the legs and a lost opportunity to throw a little more color in there. Is this an HQ or Sword Brother? HQ I feel can get away with any shoulder colors, but a SB should have red cross on black and that this is not.

Ok now that the obligatory criticism is out of the way, WOW! I think it looks fantastic! The osl is well done and I really do love the tabard. Very, very good work. :D

SO...MUCH...GRIT...

I can literally picture him bellowing a challengr at a Helldrake. "Come down here and fight me, I'll rend you a new one!"

Such a seasoned looking Templar, and looks like he's never stopped fighting to so much as breathe. I LOVE this model.

I'll take ten good sir, each armed with a different melee weapon and combat/storm shield.

This is the model I needed to illustrate the amount of awesome that went on today with a Marshal taking down a Tyrant in one round of combat and crippling a Swarmlord so the squad could smash it when they ran out of other things to kill. Just awesome. Zeal, fury, and a need to slay things.

Archived