Rules Question: mixing relics and detachments

So i was trying to put together a list and I really like the detachment in SoB: Exterminatus for the flesh tearers. My question is, if i use that detachment, does it prohibit me from using relics found in the BA codex? my thought is not, being that the wording for the FT relics, indicates that models in that detachment CAN use the additional relics. Not that they MUST. I would think I am still free to use the codex relics. Thanks for your input in advance. 

You are correct.

^

If you want an example, I turn to WAAAGH! Ghazghkull (Orks are my other army), where it explicity states that units from the detachments and formations cannot select relics from Codex: Orks. The Exterminatus campaign supplement just says that units from the detachments and formations can also select the new relics.

This applies to Warlord traits as well.

I'd imagine it would specify if you can't, since the Haemunculus Covens supplement specifically says that you can only take the relics from the supplement and not C:DE if you use the formations or detachment in the supplement (whereas the supplement says you can choose which set of warlord traits to roll on, BRB, C:DE or HC).

That being said, would I be ok to take some Fleshtearer Relics if I was running a Blood Angels Baal Strike Force? (fluff issues aside).

The BSF formation allows you to take units from C:BA which only allow you to take wargear from the BA armory which does not have what you want to take.. I think..

That being said, would I be ok to take some Fleshtearer Relics if I was running a Blood Angels Baal Strike Force? (fluff issues aside).

No, the only models that can take the FT relics are those ones in the FT detachment, as it says.

Personally, I cant see which you would want to take...they all seem kind of...meh...to me.

Archived