legendary exploits by your interrogator chaplain

HaSY

Back in 4th ed...

My chaplain steam rolled an Ethereal complete with bodyguards, and beat them to a bloody pulp. Not too difficult an achievement i admit, however when the subsequent armywide morale checks were rolled failed... enemy deployment close to the table edge meant half the army ran clean off the battlefield in fear for their lives.

It's all about inspiring dread in the (organs that pass for) hearts in your enemy!

Al

Interrogator Chaplain Uriel has been a legend twice.  The first time is when he single handedly wiped out 40 Necrom immortals and an overlord over 4 turns of close combat.  The next was just last weekend when he, yet again alone, wiped out 3 full Eldar guardian squads and forced the entire left flank of the enemy army to peel back in order to kill him.

My Interrogator-Chaplain, on his first game on the table, was chilling with his crew of Black Knights when Dante (yes, Dante who is now way strong that he was in the 5th edition codex...) came looking for a fight with his Death Company homies. So I recklessly charged him, got into a challenge with Dante. He strikes first, does a bunch of wounds...but the Chaplain passes every 4++ save. Then I counter-attack with his crozius, and Dante actually failed two 2+ saves.

I managed to put another wound on him before the Death Company finished me, as my poor Chaplain was the last in his squad. Then Dante tried to cross a river by himself, and got shot by a few marines. That was pretty fun. 

Back in the old 4th ed, my interrogator chaplain... and his veteran squad were ambushed by filthy eldars. Suffice to say that their rhino were destroyed smack dab in the middle with Eldrad, his retinues. and an Avatar close by. As a matter of fact, i think it was Eldrad who blew up the rhino. Due to bad luck, my veteran squad died leaving only 3 guys left out of 6.

Undaunted by the setback, The Chaplain led the men to climb the flaming wreckage of the rhino, before jumping down and smashed Eldrad Ulthuan in one on one combat (well... he killed eldrad before the other veterans can strike biggrin.png). After Eldrad was sent sprawling to the ground and his retinues killed, the squad moved in to fight the avatar. After an epic 3 rounds of combat (where a lot of 1s being rolled by each side, and i mean ALOT of 1s), the avatar sadly killed the remaining 2 veterans and cast down the wounded Chaplain. The badly wounded Avatar itself promptly got a bolter shell to the face by a Tactical Squad so the Chaplain can be retrieved and have his wound tended.

And of course... there was also that one time where he fought and subdued a Fallen Dark Angels Librarian who went on to worship the filthy Tzeentch (Only time i ever played against a bona fide Fallen army).... but that was a tale of another time biggrin.png.

Can't remember which edition it was, but it was a long time ago....

Terminator Chaplain, in a Terminator Assault Squad, all 6 armed with lightning claws, ran around various battlefields slicing and dicing.  They never attracted much fire, cos at the time I was running a vindicator too.

That was a golden time of chaplains charging in, rerolling hits, and wounds.  The squad were hard to kill too.  I don't think I ever hit anything I couldn't kill in the first round of combat.

had a Interrogator Chaplain w/MoR squad up with a unit of knights in a LRC, with a pfg bike librarian rolling right behind move across the board (hammer and anvil), survive 5 wave serpents, and then go on to kill 2 wraith knights, a blob of 20 guardians, and eldrad.  by the end of combat with eldrad, it was just the Int. Chaplain and 1 knight...  my father in law was not happy at the amount of saves i rolled that game...  made something like 20 invul saves in a row on that one squad...

Archived