Epher's Guardians of the Covenant Command Squad

Epher

I am just getting into hobby and starting my Guardians of the Covenant army.  This will be my first unit built that is not from the Dark Vengeance set.  The command squad as it stands, or should I say held together by sticky tac, is built from the DA veterans pack.  The banner is from the SM command squad and is currently lacking an ornament at the top.  The banner bearer will have a power sword and an arm mounted storm bolter.  Everyone else has a power weapon and storm bolter too.  The heads are from the Deathwing Knights sprues.  The pauldrons are not in their final configurations.  I have been reading the threads on what to use for them.

The plan was to have storm bolters and power swords for everyone but that would be expensive points wise and they not would gain a +1 attack for having a melee weapon and a pistol.  I am thinking of scaling back on the power swords and pairing the ones that I do keep with pistols.  Also I am thinking of replacing some of the storm bolters with meltas or plasma guns.  No apothecary at this point, I was thinking of flying the Banner of Fortitude and keeping this squad close to another squad of Vets with a similar load out giving them all Feel No Pain.

I'd like to hear with you think!

photo.JPG

Thanks for the advice on the decals.  I wonder how free hand painting would go... I am loving the robes too.  Part of the reason I went for the GoC.  I may have to get some vets after I get these guys done.

Archived