Bikers in drop pods?

Adorondak

So after a great deal of searching through both the rulebook and the codex I've figured out that I can in fact put a unit of three bikers in a drop pod. I'm thinking with two grav guns and a grav pistol for the sarg. My question is has anyone else tried this? How did it work out? Did you have to walk your opponent through the rules so that they understood that it was allowed?

Unless the vehicle states otherwise, infantry only in a vehicle.

That's what I thought but I couldn't find that rule anywhere in the 7th ed rulebook. Can you give me a page number? But that does raise another couple of questions for me. Why give bikers the very bulky rule at all if they can't board a transport/building and why specifically state that rhinos and razorbacks can not carry ether bulky or very bulky troops? Seems like a waste of effort.

Edit: Ahhh, there it is alright. Damn I must be blind. Thanks Zenith. Oh well it was a nice thought while it lasted

Unless the vehicle states otherwise, infantry only in a vehicle.

That's what I thought but I couldn't find that rule anywhere in the 7th ed rulebook. Can you give me a page number? But that does raise another couple of questions for me. Why give bikers the very bulky rule at all if they can't board a transport/building and why specifically state that rhinos and razorbacks can not carry ether bulky or very bulky troops? Seems like a waste of effort.

The rhino/razorback restriction is to keep Terminators/centurions out.  

There are FW transports that can transport non-infantry, which is where the bikes having bulky would matter.

Reread the transport rules.  The rules specifically state that transports can only carry infantry.

I still think stormravens should be able to carry bikes :D would be an awesome sight, the hatch opens and a huge guy on a huge bike thunders through!

Yeah well I would love a predator emerging through a land raider's assault rampbut we have what we get..

No, because it doesn't explicitly say it does. Therefore, you default to the "infantry only rule" mentioned above. Of course, you could always email Forgeworld (they could do with responding whether or not jump troops can embark on this one too).

I still think stormravens should be able to carry bikes biggrin.png would be an awesome sight, the hatch opens and a huge guy on a huge bike thunders through!

The Stormraven only allows Jump Infantry in addition to Infantry.

Neither of which are bikes...?

Archived