Quantum Shielding and shooting attacks

templargdt

Gents-

Question.  If you are shooting at a Necron vehicle with QS, am I reading it right from the shooting rules that if you generate a penetrating hit with one weapon, the vehicle is now AV11 for follow up shooting attacks from the same unit?  Or is QS written such that the effect lasts through the entire shooting phase regardless of damage? 

The scenario I'm thinking of is this: take a AC/LC predator.  Shoot the lascannons.  Complete resolve the shooting attack (brb pg 30).  Let's say you get a penetrating hit.  Having completely resolved the attack (including damage, which would remove the QS), select autocannon.  You now are shooting vs. AV 11, a much better proposition.

Thanks.

Sorry, Leoniaides, the Necron codex is very specific about allowing that.  ...(including hits made from subsequent shooting attacks in the same phase - either from a different weapon or a different unit - or hits made at a lower Initiative step in close combat)...(emphasis mine).

In the new 7th edition shooting rules, a shooting attack from weapon group is resolved in its entirety from start to finish, before moving on to another weaon group in the same unit.

ah, ok then - my gut feeling would have worked of the shooting at a transport unit/not the unit inside

Not a bad precedent when working with a new rule that you may have to research a little.

The odd question is if one Lascannon scores a Penetration, and the other a Glance. Unless you're dealing with a Squadron, there is no order of operations that fully takes this in to account. Does the second one suddenly become a Penetrating Hit or no?

From earlier discussions similar to this, I would say no, as the weapons being shot are resolved simultaneously against a unit until Wound Allocation (which does not apply).

Archived