Evicerator's Blood Angel painting blog

Evicerator

Nice to see this blog being bumped again smile.png

Have you considered pledging that Stormraven for our assault on this year's ETL?

Great work Brother, looking sweet.

Lets see some paint on that bad boy! smile.png

Vow it! Please!!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/306913-e-tenebrae-lux-iv-blood-angels-strategium/?p=4059360

thanks for the encouragement. I thought the deadline was only a month from now when you first requested I do it. I'm slow as can be when it comes to painting.

Have you considered pledging that Stormraven for our assault on this year's ETL?

Vow it! Please!!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/306913-e-tenebrae-lux-iv-blood-angels-strategium/?p=4059360

thanks for the encouragement. I thought the deadline was only a month from now when you first requested I do it. I'm slow as can be when it comes to painting.

Me too, but if you can squeeze in maybe an hour a night then you'll manage it. Airbrush?

I'm confident you'll get it done in two months :)

Vow it! Please!!

Me too, but if you can squeeze in maybe an hour a night then you'll manage it. Airbrush?

I'm confident you'll get it done in two months smile.png

I have an airbrush and Minitaire paints, but very little experience with it and what little experience I did get was unpleasant haha.

Planning on going this route and just ... hand brushing the details >.<

>.< never used GW spray before and wasn't prepared for the heavy spray it releases ;_; needless to say - a small set back this morning as the raven sits in a bath of Brake Fluid so I can strip the fked up paint job.

Live and learn, just hard when this sort of thing happens after spending hours on something. #marinesdontcrybutIbettheywishtheycould

>.< never used GW spray before and wasn't prepared for the heavy spray it releases ;_; needless to say - a small set back this morning as the raven sits in a bath of Brake Fluid so I can strip the fked up paint job.

Live and learn, just hard when this sort of thing happens after spending hours on something. #marinesdontcrybutIbettheywishtheycould

Hang in there Cousin. It could be much worse!

Well I hunkered down and decided that today was not going to be a total loss for getting work done. I wanted to get *something* done on "Phoenix" (I'm sticking to the name.) besides priming and base coat spraying. Busted out the Carrouburg Crimson and shaded the whole bird.

pretty pleased with it all. Despite the rough start from this morning (I'm now a pro at paint removal/stripping =D ) it feels like I actually got something done. I think this morning was a direct result of me rushing to get things done (still on vacation from work and had my little guy with me all day today.) and once I finally told myself to just spray small coats, go watch TV for 30 minutes come back and then spray some more.

Tomorrow will likely be spent touching up the shading and possibly working on some detailing.

Archived