House Terryn Knights

minionboy

Hey everyone, just thought I'd pop in and show off my latest two Imperial Knights.  I've made an Errant that I typically run as Warlord or Gerantius, as well as a Castigator.

These are both part of my 2015 Hobby Pledge that you can read about on my blog: http://www.thediceabide.com/2015/02/2015-pledge-challenge-february-update/

http://www.thediceabide.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/knights_errant.jpghttp://www.thediceabide.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/knights_castigator.jpghttp://www.thediceabide.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/ik_cockpit_1.jpg

http://www.thediceabide.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/knight_warlord_1.jpg

Hope you like them!  That cockpit interior is on the Errant.

That is the single most incredible knight cockpit I've ever seen. On top of that, it's the smartest use of blacklight and neon paint I've EVER seen, hands down, full stop. The palm print? Brilliant. The way it all pops. Incredible. 

Will you be offended if I steal this idea for my Queen Bee some day? That is so, so cool. 

That is the single most incredible knight cockpit I've ever seen. On top of that, it's the smartest use of blacklight and neon paint I've EVER seen, hands down, full stop. The palm print? Brilliant. The way it all pops. Incredible. 

Will you be offended if I steal this idea for my Queen Bee some day? That is so, so cool. 

Not at all, go right ahead!  My friend has already taken the concept, kicked my ass with it and borrowed my  UV reactive paint to do it, haha.

If you are going to do this, I recommend either Golden neon paints or Holbein Luminous paints (the Holbein are better), and DO NOT varnish them.  Varnish blocks UV light, so it will kill the glow effect. Also, the paints basically have a light fastness of 0, so paint them over white if you want to see them with the lights off. To make the whole dash have a subtle glow, I watered down some of the blue and washed it into the recesses. Also to adjust how bright it will glow, you can mix it with regular paints, the more regular paint, the dimmer the glow will be (that's how i got the different levels of brightness).

Most excellent smile.png

I especially like the Errant: Subtle, but extremely benefiting conversions smile.png (The "Outside" conversions, at least. The term "subtle" probably does not really fit the cockpit. "Obviously impressive" is probably the better wording for it smile.png )

How big do you plan your household to get ?

Thanks! I wanted to make him look special without being too over the top, I guess the idea was "personalized" not "customized".

I currently have:

2 Paladins

1 Errant

1 Castigator

1 Acheron

1 Lancer

1 Magaera

I'll probably make a 3rd paladin out of a Lancer or Castigator to make my Baron, and I'm contemplating making a second Errant.

Most excellent smile.png

I especially like the Errant: Subtle, but extremely benefiting conversions smile.png (The "Outside" conversions, at least. The term "subtle" probably does not really fit the cockpit. "Obviously impressive" is probably the better wording for it smile.png )

Thanks! I wanted to make him look special without being too over the top, I guess the idea was "personalized" not "customized".

I currently have:

2 Paladins

1 Errant

1 Castigator

1 Acheron

1 Lancer

1 Magaera

I'll probably make a 3rd paladin out of a Lancer or Castigator to make my Baron, and I'm contemplating making a second Errant.

Excellent smile.png I already thought I was the only one with such a number of knights msn-wink.gif

Little hint (if you didn't already know): When using the Forgeworld list, a Styrix might also be something for you. It's the most efficient anti air knight.

About your Errant: Did you sculpt the fist, or was it scavenged from another kit. (I like that tree finger version, reminds me a bit of Atom in "Real Steel", and also of a Khadorian Warjack)

Most excellent smile.png

I currently have:

2 Paladins

1 Errant

1 Castigator

1 Acheron

1 Lancer

1 Magaera

Excellent smile.png I already thought I was the only one with such a number of knights msn-wink.gif

Little hint (if you didn't already know): When using the Forgeworld list, a Styrix might also be something for you. It's the most efficient anti air knight.

About your Errant: Did you sculpt the fist, or was it scavenged from another kit. (I like that tree finger version, reminds me a bit of Atom in "Real Steel", and also of a Khadorian Warjack)

The fist was actually plasticard, I had the idea because the original Knight Errant from epic has a three fingered fist. I'd absolutely use the Styrix if 30k lists were legal for 40k use, but at least locally, 30k has 0 traction.

Here are some shots of the fist when I was making it: http://www.thediceabide.com/2014/05/knight-warlord-wip-part-2/

Whoa... The glowing eyes:)! Beautiful work man... How many points is your Vegas list?? 3 Knights and 2 dreadknights!! That's awesomely fun looking to play

1850!  It's small, but intimidating, though honestly, not that effective, haha.

That cockpit is mouth-wateringly beautiful.

Thanks, it was fun to make, and a pain in the neck to paint... I'll probably never do it again, haha.

Looking good, man! They make quite an impression all together like that. 

Thank you, I tried to tie similar colors throughout both armies, red and white accents on the blued steel of the GK, plus they both have a fair amount of gold.

Archived