Blood Angels & Grey Knights Allies Deathstar Unit

DarthOvious

So I had a thought earlier on today about a Blood Angels and Grey Knights allied Death Star unit.

Captain Stern

Grey Knight Librarian with Daemonica upgrade for 4th psychic power

10 Blood Angel Terminators with Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields

Sanguinary Priest

So the idea is to get the Librarian to roll on Telepathy for Invisibility. Next Captain Stern will use Sanctuary in order to give the terminators 2++ and the icing on the cake is that the Terminators get feel no pain also.

So essentially, provided you have casted the powers you have a unit which needs 6's in order to hit, has a 2+ invulnerable save and also get a feel no pain roll for anything below S8.

It's an expensive unit mind you which will require over 800pts in order to take.

What does everybody think about this?

I am very sure that the Daemonica upgrade only works for Sanctic Powers. For all other disciplines you cannot choose a fourth power.

You might be right there. I do own the codex but it's a bit of my way to get it just now. I suppose we can settle on ML3 and 3 powers.

How exactly do you intend to deliver it? You can't Deep Strike the Priest.

It's a good question. If you start with it on the board then it will take a while to get to the other side, but I suppose the unit will be there from first turn and can run in the shooting phase. Alternatively you could cut off 5 Terminators and put them in LR Crusader.

Add Dante and draigo to it, then you can gate, have 2 guys that will strike at str9 ap2 initiative, make the terms strike str10 and have hit and run

Ouch, but the cost does start to get way too much by that point. 850pts alone for a unit is quite steep as it is. I suppose though that the unit does just literally become unstoppable now that you have added two eternal warriors with four wounds each to the mix.

How exactly do you intend to deliver it? You can't Deep Strike the Priest.

You can with a Jump pack. The Relic JP works wonders with GK and their deepstriking turn one detachment. AKA Nemesis Strike Force. (AKA the one designed for allies)

The Liber Daemonica does only grant an extra Santic power, so you can roll 3 times on telepathy, and then once on Santic to try and get vortex of doom. You wont have any primarises though :/

Some good ideas on Transport here actually. I'm not sure if Blood Angels or Grey Knights can have a Stormeagle though. The data sheets tend to tell you what Space Marine armies can take what and I don't think the one for the Stormeagle lists Blood Angels or Grey Knights for that matter.

Archived