Smurfalypse

Personally, as a chaos player my dreams have been shattered over and over again since we lost the 3.5 dex, so nothing new there.

Chaos is the ultimate LARP faction. GW is actively engaging us in roleplay through it's army book releases.

The 3.5 dex drops. Chaos gains momentum, the Legions are ascendent, loyalist marines tremble. Players are buoyed by the power at their fingertips., and we spill forth from the eye.

Then Horus dies the 4.0 dex drops. The legions are shattered, scattered like dust in the wind. The Imperium forgets about us, their minds looking to more pressing issues those renegade Astral Claws. There is a bigger emphasis on recently turned marines. The legions lapse into memory.

There is even that division amongst the player base, the Veterand of the Long War who were there during 3.5 (and most certainly have 'Hatred: Space Marines'), and the more recent renegades, who don't know what the longbeards are so bitter about.

Nah, it's funnier going over the older dexes with first and second gen players and trying to use the new dex to justify gw's awful shoehorning and milking policy, which has delivered a growing pile of dlc attachments and absolutely nothing valuable outside of anything goes.

But that's none of my business.

CSM are basically the Imperial Stormtroopers of 40k. We exist to give the Good Guys something to feel good about beating. At least that's how it's felt for years now, but I still can't bring myself to be interested in any other faction. Except Dark Eldar, but they just got the Chaos 4.0 treatment themselves so--eh. Who knows, maybe what they release will even be Necron Good to push models. Not that I care much since I barely ever play anymore, but, y'know.

When are they true? Very unlikely to receive a dataslate or supplement, but you're generally getting your hopes up for this faction if you don't take any of the rumors with excessive amounts of salt.

I don't understand your meaning.  I'm asking if  these pictures of fantasy chaos likely mean the rumors for CSM in March were false.

When are they true? Very unlikely to receive a dataslate or supplement, but you're generally getting your hopes up for this faction if you don't take any of the rumors with excessive amounts of salt.

I don't understand your meaning. I'm asking if these pictures of fantasy chaos likely mean the rumors for CSM in March were false.

It's likely to mean that someone somewhere read a rumour and automatically connected it to 40k (as usual). Some bits may be 40k compatible and may see a data slate or Black Library style supplement.

It's likely to mean that someone somewhere read a rumour and automatically connected it to 40k (as usual). Some bits may be 40k compatible and may see a data slate or Black Library style supplement.

Yeah, in this case the 40K rumors were contingent on coinciding with the fantasy release. Fantasy has been confirmed, but the rumored Khorne upgrade that would(if true) coincide with it, has not yet been proven.

Still wait and see then. Thanks cool.png

Yeah, in this case the 40K rumors were contingent on coinciding with the fantasy release. Fantasy has been confirmed, but the rumored Khorne upgrade that would(if true) coincide with it, has not yet been proven.

Still wait and see then. Thanks cool.png

Always is ;)

That is not even remotely what I envisioned when I thought "end times bloodthirster". It looks like a giant Gûlavhar with a WHFB chosen axe. I haven't decided how I feel about this.

Different from what I expected, but that's life. While I find it somewhat nifty probably won't indulge and buy it.

It also comes in red.

Just wait until you see the box art, and not some crummy dark image.

That is not even remotely what I envisioned when I thought "end times bloodthirster". It looks like a giant Gûlavhar with a WHFB chosen axe. I haven't decided how I feel about this.

Different from what I expected, but that's life. While I find it somewhat nifty probably won't indulge and buy it.

It also comes in red.

Unfortunately it doesn't come in green, with a jovial grin and a bloated belly full of puss.

It also comes in red.

Unfortunately it doesn't come in green, with a jovial grin and a bloated belly full of puss.

Greenstuff.msn-wink.gif

Archived