this is why I shouldn't convert!

DominicJ

That's a shame. I'm guessing the melta is underslung on the CCW? You could swap the multi melta for a frag cannon, if you have one spare from making a DC/librarian dreadnought, and run it as a Furioso with melta and frag cannon, which I believe is still legal. If you haven't glued the arms on (never glue the arms on dreads) you'll notice that the arm plug on the Black Reach dreadnought is smaller than the connecting hole on all other dread weaponry. (Stupid design decision furious.gif ) This means that the frag cannon won't stay on from friction alone, so some blu-tac or similar will hold it, but allow you to swap the weapons out.

Hope this helps, and better luck converting in future.

Dallo

Was really proud, I converted my black reach dread in to a multi melta / melta tank hunting god.

And then checked the points, and realised I can't do that...

Grrrr

Only Furiosos and iron clads can get the underslung melta.

Regular dreads get SB or heavy flamer.

Nothing (dredwise) can have dual melta which is a pain.

Either two fists and two melta guns or multi melta and fist / melta gun would rock

not in Codex: Blood Angels, no.  but if you play an allied force of C:SM, you can field a Contemptor Dreadnought, which is allowed to first replace its stock TL Heavy Bolter arm with a Multi-Melta for free.  and then it can replace the Power fist with storm bolter with another Multi-Melta for free.  plus you gain the benefits of having an Invul Save against shots against it as well.

Nothing (dredwise) can have dual melta which is a pain.

Either two fists and two melta guns or multi melta and fist / melta gun would rock

not in Codex: Blood Angels, no.  but if you play an allied force of C:SM, you can field a Contemptor Dreadnought, which is allowed to first replace its stock TL Heavy Bolter arm with a Multi-Melta for free.  and then it can replace the Power fist with storm bolter with another Multi-Melta for free.  plus you gain the benefits of having an Invul Save against shots against it as well.

Yea, but then it has no arms for punching things.

Archived