Assault Squad in rhino wo jumppacks fulfill troop choice?

Hillslam

On page 82 of the new codex (hardbound Sanguinary edition) it states:

"The entire squad may remove their jump packs, changing their unit type to Infantry. The Space Marine Sargeant or Veteran Sargeant changes his unit type to Infantry (Character) instead. They may then take a Drop Pod (pg 80) or Rhino (pg 78) for free as a Dedicated Transport."

Do these then fulfill my troop choice requirement?

Say for example for a formation like the Baal Strike Force detachment? 

Also - are the Rhinos then objective scoring units, since they are Dedicated Transport to an infantry unit?

Also - are the Rhinos then objective scoring units, since they are Dedicated Transport to an infantry unit?

Also note that:

1) All units are scoring units unless specified otherwise

2) If you are using the Baal Strike Force, your troops choices do not gain objective secured.

Also note that:

2) If you are using the Baal Strike Force, your troops choices do not gain objective secured.

I am bit confused with this can you please explain why u cant use the Baal Strike Force with obj sec rule ?

Also note that:

I am bit confused with this can you please explain why u cant use the Baal Strike Force with obj sec rule ?

Where do you get ObSec? Objective Secured is the rule you get with Combines Arms Detachments. BSF Does not give ObSec, it has better bonuses.

You either take the Combined Arms Detachment from the core rule book and get ObSec, or you take the Baal Strike Force from the BA codex and you get +1 init on the charge.

It's one or the other, you cant take both.

This is why you field multiple detachments, right?

I still forget sometimes that you can take multiple detatchments of the same thing in 7E. I think I was scarred by the arguments about "allying with yourself" last edition when the first CSM supplement appeared.

You could theoretically take a BSF detatchment and a combined arms detatchment of Blood Angels as well, I guess. A couple of ObSec troop units to drop onto objectives and an HQ who doesn't need the initiative boost so much? If you're doing that, though, you might as well take something that's better suited for dedicated objective holding duty.

If I really felt I HAD to take some obsec allies, I would probebly take my normal Blood Angels BSF core (Priest, c/c scouts, drop meltacide RAS and vindicators) and then ally up with a Blood Angels CAD consisting of a HQ that doesnt need the init boost (say a Libby with a Power Axe) and 4 squads of sniper scouts. Thats a cheap allied detachemnt thats still battleforged and has 4 squads of scouting, outflanking, stealthy, obsec troops and a Psycher.

Anyone notice that rhinos and razorbacks specifically exclude bulky and very bulky units from being in transport?

Does this mean Bulky Units can go in Land Raiders and Drop Pods?

Jump packs can't ride in Land Raiders though, only infantry can ride in a vehicle unless the vehicle says otherwise. (See Storm Raven)

Jump infantry are still infantry. They're just Jump <insert unit type> Otherwise they wouldn't be able to assault and shoot etc as infantry do.

Unlike most other unit type categories, ‘Jump’ is not a classification in and of itself... Jump units therefore share two sets of rules, the Jump unit rules, and those of their base type. Jump Infantry would, for example, follow the rules for Jump units and Infantry.

Interestingly though, I can't see where Storm Ravens allow Jump Infantry to embark ohmy.png

Archived