feuer_faust's Scribblin's (Feb. 8 Some Marine with Swords)

feuer_faust

Howdy!

I have come out from under my rock to start putting pen to paper again! And, lucky you, you get to have said inkwork inflicted on you! laugh.png

My most recent endeavor was to test out some tasty new plate Bristol board (which has taken me over a decade as an artist to try out, I am shamed to say), and to also test out my new Faber-Castell gray brush pens (which are way, way fun). The end result is pretty cool, I think, despite a number of errors in proportion and detail. Sadly, I do not have access to a convenient scanner, so we get an LED lamp and my phone's camera, which has this horrible glare around the bottom-middle of the image. This glare would be less problematic if I could have erased the pencil under the ink after it had dried, but I couldn't, so I'm going to go and find some non-photo blue pencil later today and just hand-wave the whole issue.

Enough blather, here's some art! (Click to view larger in mein gallery)

Khorney Marine

EDIT: These cell phone pictures are killing me, they really mute the pieces. Once I get some scanning going I'll update this thread with the better images.

Thank you for the kind feedback so far! It warms the cold, flinty tinders of my soul. biggrin.png

Here's another guy, just Some Marine with a pair of swords. Not 100% proud of the swords, but I think I am getting the hang of the markers and all that jazz. I'm calling this piece a bust, as the subject in question finds himself without a leg to stand on, but my work on the piece is finished and relatively refined for my work.

(Click to view larger)

Space Marine with Swords

Archived