The Sanguinor on the Table

Charlo

What are your guys thoughts on him? I've always loved his fluff and concept and would like to field him. Any good ideas on how to do so? Has anyone used him to any great effect? Is he just a useless loner beat-stick?

All comments welcome!

He did get a points reduction, but his invulnerable save nerf as well as his bubble only affecting models within 6" rather than units makes him worse in the new dex.

He was mediocre at best last edition, and that was when his competitors (Astorath and Dante) were bad. Now both of those choices are very good, which makes the Sanguinor an even worse choice.

If you are playing for fluff or enjoyment, sure, but if you're trying to win, take a HQ with the IC rule instead ;)

I'm curious about him as well. My normal list doesn't have room for him but in larger games, which we occasionally play, and in Apoc, which we play regularly I'd like to field him.

I think InquisitorBlack is right, especially about having other, better, options but I think the Sanguinor could still be fun. I used him occasionally in 5th ed and he rarely made back his points but I still enjoyed fielding him.

Attach Dante and a sang priest. Expensive as hell, but at least he'll stand a chance to get to where he needs to get to before expiring.

You can't.  He's not an Independent Character.  This is precisely why he sucks.

:(

You can attach independent characters to him but he can't join a unit.

Attach Dante and a sang priest. Expensive as hell, but at least he'll stand a chance to get to where he needs to get to before expiring.

You can't. He's not an Independent Character. This is precisely why he sucks.

sad.png

You can attach independent characters to him but he can't join a unit.

Has this changed in 7th? I'm not 100% on the new rules at the moment!

No ap2 and no squad

Not everyone has a 2+ save, but most people you would want him to murder do.

Valours edge and must heroic intervention (deep strike and assault) would be a lot more fluffy

Shows up during the battle, assaults from deep strike and hopefully turns the tide

Instead we get a pretty standard guy a few new rules, but not much else

Yeah I think a deep strike and assault rule would've been cool for him too. You could always use him with the 3 storm raven formation though :D

Personally it's the toughness of 4 I don't get. Oh well, as soon as we have some 30k rules for Sanguinuis I'll be using him to represent his avatar

Yeah the Sanguinor is a huge let down rules wise, it's got such awesome fluff it really should have rules befitting that. Especially considering it can't (and really shouldn't) be able to join units. It should be a MC on a 32mm base, not a space marine captain with eternal warrior.

So I'm just gonna use the model as a normal captain or sanguinary guard and maybe homebrew some more fitting rules in the meantime :P

Yeah I think a deep strike and assault rule would've been cool for him too. You could always use him with the 3 storm raven formation though biggrin.png

Personally it's the toughness of 4 I don't get. Oh well, as soon as we have some 30k rules for Sanguinuis I'll be using him to represent his avatar

You'll be using The Sanguinor as a counts as Sanguinius who is representing the Sanguinor who is possibly the echo of Sanguinius...? Head Explodes!

Archived