Horus Heresy Weekender 2015

Master Sheol

We have all seen the images from the HH Weekender and about the new models there is always the FW quality and the amazing new veichles...

The new SM flyer is simply adorable and if the nephilim will remain the piece of crap it is now i guess that the new flyer will be part of my RW in its place...

There is a lot of legion specific models too but now it comes the sad parts...

The Battle of Calth and the shadow cruusade involving WB and WE against UM will take TWO books...

This means that FW will spend 1 year to introduce just one legion while two of the legions that fought on terra (BA and WS) and the first legion are still waiting to see the light...

In addiction the next book (the 7th one) will be about the battle f prospero and while with the UM they will take two books to introduce a single legion with one single book they will introduce 4 carmies two of them will be something unique... SW + Adeptus Custodes + Sisters of Silence vs TS...

This means that if we will be luck we have to wait at least book 8 of the series to see a single model for the DA...

I am starting to hate HH series from FW for the horrible amount of wait required to see the first legion models...

What do you think about the new models and about the uncanny ugly treatment given to the first legion from FW too?

I do not believe for one minute FW have looked at the DA fans and thought of ways to annoy us...

Dark Angels like the Space Dogs and the rest will get their day in the sun, OK there is nothing now but think of it this way it gives to time to save up a nice big pot of cash to have when the 1st Legion finally hit.

Me personally I have been saving for the Ultramarines stuff and have a nice wedge available :) Then I start saving for DA :)

To answer your last question I like all the stuff and I don't believe FW are giving us bad treatment. 

Sure,it kinda blows that we aren't getting a book for at least a year but when we do I expect it to be awesome!

I'm looking forward to adding the interceptor to my ravenwing as I never could bring myself to purchasing the nephlifail.

The stormbird looks like it will go nicely with my homebuilt stormhawk.

After following the Horus Heresy Weekender thread and going to bed (then waking up) in a very dejected state because of the realisation of just how long I'll have to wait for HH DA, I saw this suggestion that book 6 might have DA and BA as part of Imperium Secondus.

Now it's a throwaway comment and hasn't been validated by anyone else who was at the seminar, but if true we could have rules for the glorious First as soon as this year! Must... maintain... cautious... optimisim...

As frustrating as it is to wait for First Legion models from Forgeworld, there may be a benefit.

In my opinion the quality of the Horus Heresy stuff from Forgeworkd just keeps getting better and better and so by the time they eventually get to us, hopefully they will put out models worthy of the First Legion.

I'd rather wait, save and get great stuff in the future than get below par models today. Red Butchers anyone?

I also got the chance to speak with Simon Egan at Warhammer fest and the Lion is in good hands.

Just my two pence worth

KOTFL

As frustrating as it is to wait for First Legion models from Forgeworld, there may be a benefit.

In my opinion the quality of the Horus Heresy stuff from Forgeworkd just keeps getting better and better and so by the time they eventually get to us, hopefully they will put out models worthy of the First Legion.

I'd rather wait, save and get great stuff in the future than get below par models today. Red Butchers anyone?

While I didn't hate the Red Butchers the way everyone else seemed to (in fact I kinda liked them) I agree completely with this sentiment. Given the long suffering of the DA (both in rules and in models) I'm fine with waiting another year or two and getting some great stuff. My concern is that the DA curse will carry over to the HH series and we'll have yet another disappointment.

I also got the chance to speak with Simon Egan at Warhammer fest and the Lion is in good hands.

Wait, what?! You can drop some innuendo like that and walk away. Are you suggesting Simon will sculp the Lion? Or that you discussed what the model may look like? Either way, spill the beans man!

Yay! I've converted some time ago my Nephilim to bear four lascannons and it looks that I could use it as a proxy for this new FW fighter. biggrin.png

I'm sure the rules and wargear for Xiphon pattern interceptor will be better than poor ol'Neph.

Considering that the Xiphon seems to have 6 missiles under the wing building a Nephilfail with magnetized lascannons for the HB too could work to make a Caliban pattern for this fighter...

About waiting for the DA rules... The problem is that i would like to play HH too but now i would have to spend a huge amount in FW standard legion models without dedicated shoulder pads, heads, torsos, and so on with the risk that alternative rules for DA (in particolar the 6 wings DA could have in 30K) Will invalidate most of this huge effort...

The only other solution is to proxy HH DA with my 40K army that is ugly too cause 30K DA were Black and not green...

In any way i am frustrated by the waiting and i start to fear that the DA 30K rules Will be crap as 40K ones...

I dunno there are definitely legions with significantly better/worse rules and legion specific wargear. But I don't think they would screw up a legion as popular as the Dark Angels. It may not be what you were looking for, but it won't be bad.

And the thought that FW is trying to screw over DA probably comes from the Q&A where someone asked why they didn't put out all of the shoulders/upgrade kits at once and was specifically looking for DA ones so they took a poll of the crowd and found that people would want a book on High Elf Embroidery (among other things) before DA pads. You can find the story somewhere in the 33 pages of the full Weekender discussion.

So FW is postponing DA cause UM and SW and BA players replied bull:cuss to a poll cause they want their legion first???

Usual ill minded marketing by GW/FW...

If they don't want my DA Money i will keep playing DA in 30k with my 40K green models and with my friend's borrowed generic Legion list...

It... It was a joke... DA are near the end because Istvaan, Calth, and Prospero are more important than Thramas. And if anyone should be mad about being put off its the White Scars

Keep in mind that the 6 "wings" have not been publicly described yet, FW WILL NOT drop DA before the Black Library gets round to releasing more stuff for them.  In fact it will probibly be coordinated with a BL release....

Also it was mentioned that most Primarchs will be getting two models.  We are in there, be patient, the Fallen will come to us.

While I didn't hate the Red Butchers the way everyone else seemed to (in fact I kinda liked them) I agree completely with this sentiment. Given the long suffering of the DA (both in rules and in models) I'm fine with waiting another year or two and getting some great stuff. My concern is that the DA curse will carry over to the HH series and we'll have yet another disappointment.

Wait, what?! You can drop some innuendo like that and walk away. Are you suggesting Simon will sculp the Lion? Or that you discussed what the model may look like? Either way, spill the beans man!

Sadly I didn't get any confirmation from Simon that he would be doing the Lion, but we spoke about the process he goes through on a primarch sculpt and I was impressed with how he researches the character and genuinely wants to do the very best job he can for the fans of that legion.

My comment should have probably read that if Simon does end up sculpting the Lion, I am confident he will do a very good job.

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.

KOTFL

It has 4 lascannons but I would bet a week's salary that it will be 2x twin linked. I'll be curious to see if it will be sooo much better than the Nephilim... It's not like you can't strap on a twin lascannon extra to thesuper cool  Nephi model  and use Xiphon rules....

Archived