Horus Heresy Weekender 2015

Master Sheol

comment removed before this goes sideways.

I like the idea of using the new flier rules for the Nephillim...  If it is cheaper or has better armor.  Unfortunately we do not know anything about the capabilities of the new flier because the rules are not out yet...  (Not even bootleg rumors that I have seen)

Well I kinda understand why they want to treat DA last.

I think they want to go deeper in the Caliban treason history. We can therefore imagine that the classic duellists diorama with The Lion will see the opposing figure of Luther.

And since this happened AFTER the battle of Terra, then the timeline imply that the book will be released last.

I guess some other battle event that occured sooner coulhave been used as an excuse for releasing the DA legion rules and models sooner, but the Caliban treachery is the central point in DA fluff and it would have been an error to not treat this in a brother vs brother meta game.

Advice for Master Sheol : do like me, get HH model and paint them like consecrators... you could use them in 40k (personnally I use them as count as IH allies for my DA) and just swap a few weapons to use them in 30k.

Well I kinda understand why they want to treat DA last.

I think they want to go deeper in the Caliban treason history. We can therefore imagine that the classic duellists diorama with The Lion will see the opposing figure of Luther.

I think this is a false assumption. The series is called the Horus Heresy not The Great Scouring. Caliban was after even the Scouring so I don't think that will be the main focus of our Horus Heresy book. DA are one of the (many) legions that we have very little knowledge of what they did during the Heresy, something our abysmal Black Library books and Gav's rumoured HH novel won't change.

It would really surprise me if Bligh and co. missed the opportunity to finally flesh out the DA's involvement in the Herey by focusing their introduction to the FW HH series on Caliban.

All of that said, I think there will likely be Scouring books in the future (after the HH series wraps up) and I think the battle for Caliban will feature, but that's a long way off.

No... The fall of Caliban is not after the Scouring but during it Like the Iron Cage between IF and IW...

And the Fall of Caliban and the Iron Cage episodes are universally considered as parts of the HH...

I don't think that FW would lose the opportunity to do a book about the Fall of Caliban considering that is the only way to make a Luther miniature and considering the importance it has in the 40k BG...

Not making the fall of Caliban would mean to lose a big amount of Money from the DA players cause the Thramas Crusade and the Imperium Secundus plots are minor things in the HH story and it would put DA in the unpleaseant position of the least important Legion of the HH books...

What really worries me is that it's rumored that JJ Will be involved in the Development of the HH DA books...

Yes the same JJ that wrote the 3rd Edition codex (amended by the efforts of Shadow Guard and the B&C forum) and the 4th Edition codex (the worst DA codex ever)...

OMG we are in BIG trouble if it Will be true...!!!

worries me is that it's rumored that JJ Will be involved in the Development of the HH DA books...

Yes the same JJ that wrote the 3rd Edition codex (amended by the efforts of Shadow Guard and the B&C forum) and the 4th Edition codex (the worst DA codex ever)...

OMG we are in BIG trouble if it Will be true

Indeed it would be terrible... But the good thing is that apart from the standard bearer article, it seems that Jervis doesn't have the leading on anything, particularly when it deals with came creation... And since FW and GW have 2 different dev teams, it's unlikely to happen. Hopefully... *cross fiungers*

And the Fall of Caliban and the Iron Cage episodes are universally considered as parts of the HH...

Haha, seriously Sheol? That's an awfully strong assertion for a position that's pretty easy to disprove.

You're right about one thing: I misspoke, the destruction of Caliban was during the Scouring not after. Now given the Scouring began immediately after the end of the Horus Heresy (defined by the death of Horus at the Siege of Terra), this means the Great Schism cannot be part of the Horus Heresy. Age of Darkness maybe, but Horus Heresy? Nope.

And I'd invite you to re-read my post. I didn't say that Forgeworld--or Black Library for that matter--wouldn't cover the Fall of Caliban, I said they probably would eventually (it's the defining element of the 40k DA after-all). But as it stands right now the DA are one of the least important legions in the HH, which is why we need new content that details what we were doing in the lead-up to the Siege, other than chasing the NL through Thramas, scolding the UM over Imperium Secondus and arguing with the Wolves on how quickly to get to Terra. That new content is what gets me excited as a DA fan, not more details of an event I already know a lot about. Besides, who wants a Luther mini? Corswain all the way!

There's also an opportunity for the DA to get more focus during the Scouring. I doubt Jonson raced home to Caliban after the Siege given he was in charge of one of the few loyal legions with significant numbers at the outset of the Scouring.

What really worries me is that it's rumored that JJ Will be involved in the Development of the HH DA books...

Where did that rumour come from? Terrifying if true--we want Bligh, ADB and Abnett!--but I've never heard it before.

Too early to do something and you don't know hw involved he will be.

Enough of your cool-headed rationalism Luci, now is not the time for calm heads, now is the time for panic! We have been screwed too many times for too long to respond with anything other than hysterical overreaction! Especially at the mention of JJ.

Our FW HH book was my last hope for getting DA rules and background that live up to their potential. With JJ on the rules and Gav still involved in our HH story I think it's about time to hang up my robes and choose another legion. The stony supporters of the proud seventh seem to be happy, maybe bright yellow isn't so bad?

There was some discussion by Alan Bligh about the Dark Angels being the 1st, and things that might not have gone well when the 1st Legion pushed out from Terra, or maybe being hushed up in the early years prior to finding their Primarch. Things like atrocities, or excessive violence. John French added some extra elements, it was a bit cryptic but could be very interesting. It all seems a considerable way off, but they are obviously thinking about it within the Story / Campaign / Narractive arc.

Keep in mind that the 6 "wings" have not been publicly described yet, FW WILL NOT drop DA before the Black Library gets round to releasing more stuff for them.  In fact it will probibly be coordinated with a BL release....

Also it was mentioned that most Primarchs will be getting two models.  We are in there, be patient, the Fallen will come to us.

A little the front fuselage and cockpit look like the came right out of the income factory. If that did not just earn me my nerd card I don't know what well.

Archived