Tournament Army Fluff (updated 10/02/2015)

Solrac

Hey guys,

Some of you may have noticed I've entered into a Tournament which will be on 21st and 22nd Feb.

I'm painting up the last part of my force (progress in my WIP thread) and have my army list here if you are interested in what I'm taking.

Background of an Army counts towards some points for the day and thought why not go all in. I've never been much of a creative writer although I think with all the batrep's I've been writing I think I'm getting better at it.

I'll be doing a small fluff piece on each of my 4 squads. I've chosen Spanish names due to my personal background and have chosen names that would describe their character. I'm also going to tie in why my Imperial Knight from House Terryn is their helping the Deathwing specifically.

As I was selecting names for my guys I came across an issue. As I don't have a champion in my command squad I thought the likely leader of the squad would be the Standard Bearer as that has always been a venerated position and carries the title of "Ancient" in a lot of the Chapter's (including DA according to the fluff I did find). However, as I am using the Standard of Fortitude in my army, latest DA fluff says Brother Bethor is the current Bearer of the 3 Sacred Standards meaning he is the one privileged to take them into battle.

Here is where I ran into my problem. From what I could see his fluff was written before we had Terminator command squads so in my army fluff should I:

1. Create background on Brother Bethor to include him as part of the 1st Company

2. Create my own named Standard Bearer that may carry the Standard on Bethor's behalf (as Bethor is never mentioned to be a part of the Deathwing or Ravenwing).

3. Ignore a Standard Bearer as leader of the squad and just use another Termie (although prefer not to do this option as my Standard Bearer Termie is converted and stands out nicely).

I did search for any topics in the forum but after searching 3 pages I kind of gave up after I didn't find anything. I'll post up my fluff as I come up with it. I plan to do a nice piece with photos in a folder to take with me so I'll post up the completed product for your perusal.

Thanks for your help in advance! smile.png

EDIT: I've decided to go with option 2!

My musings so far:

DEATHWING FLUFF

Deathwing Command Squad Ramon

Brother Ramon is the Standard Bearer for Belial's personal Command Squad. Ramon has served in the 1st Company for decades. His battle form, wisdom and knowledge had earned him the honoured position within the 1st Company. Ramon is the only member of the Deathwing that is entrusted to carry the Sacred Standards into battle.

Belial and Ramon share a tight bond and a lengthy history. Prior to his induction into the Inner Circle, Ramon had been the Standard Bearer for the 3rd Battle Comapny, fighting alongside Master Belial during the Ork Invasion of Piscina IV. It was Belial himself who recommended that Ramon was ready to be inducted into the Deathwing after his promotion to Grand Master of the 1st Company.

Deathwing Terminator Squad Arsenio

Sergeant Arsenio is a mountain of a man even for an Astartes. However his power and size is only second to his brilliant tactical mind. When inducted into the Deathwing it didn't take long for him to be singled out by the Inner Circle to lead a squad of Terminators. He humbly refused. Wanting to master all Deathwing Battle Tactics and Weapons before even thinking of being promoted.

Arsenio finally accepted the honour during the Pandorax Campaign where his predecessor was killed shortly after a teleport drop to the surface. It was Arsenio's leadership and tactical brilliance that resulted in freeing many of the hives on the planet from the Black Legion and Death Guard.

Deathwing Terminator Squad Isandro

Sergeant Isandro uphold's his duty to the Chapter like no other. Always steadfast in his battle craft, he prefers to lead from the front lines in the thick of the fighting. As a Sergeant in the 4th Company he lead his squad forward time and time again, never relenting or giving up ground. Even with this staunchness of character, Isandro has had the fewest Astartes losses out of any other officer in the Chapter.

Isandro was elevated to the Deathwing following the Second Battle of Rynn's World where Grand Master Sammael had personally brought his name forward to the Inner Circle after witnessing his reputation first hand.  

Deathwing Terminator Squad Ulises

Sergeant Ulises is famed for his bloodthirsty and aggressive nature, always preferring brute force over any other tactic. Even as an initiate this was evident and had fueled him through the ranks of the Dark Angels. It is even said his hunger for war rivals even that of their Blood Angel counterparts.

Upon his induction to the Deathwing and learning the Secret, his rage burned like never before. To know this sudden stain on the Chapter's honour was inconceivable. To this day, Sergeant Ulises is always at the forefront of any Chaos engagement and missions involving The Hunt.

IMPERIAL KNIGHT FLUFF

Sir Clophas pilots the Dauntless Spear, Knight Errant. Clophas is a direct descendant of Sir Capulin of Tybalt's Triumvirate.

Not long after undergoing the Ritual of Becoming, Knight Apparent Clophas was dispatched to Cadia as part of a small detachment of House Terryn Knights sent to aid in the Cadian sector during the 13th Black Crusade.

The Terryn detachment being the closest to Cadia at the time arrived in the sector to receive orders to help in the defence Kasr Partox. With the larger mechanicum Titans crucial to the defence of the Fortress, the Terryn Knights were charged with leading a flanking attack on the enemy artillery. 

With the violent arrival of the Necronotyr, it wasn't long before the Terryn spearhead took a heavy toll and only the Knights remained. The Knights battled for Death and Glory but began to fall one by one. Clophas was saved when Grand Master Belial and squads of Deathwing Terminators from the Dark Angels Chapter teleported to his position in an attempt to hold back the Necron forces whilst Kasr Partox was evacuated.

Clophas later pledged a life debt to the Grand Master and always seeks missions where he would be taken to Dark Angels front lines in the hopes of upholding his honour. Clophas became a full-fledged Imperial Knight after the Battle of Kasr Partox.

Criticisms welcome!

Alright my own guy it is. I'll start working on the fluff.

Any comments on my Knights background? I think I'm going to change his name. Really not liking an exact name to his predecessor.

Archived