The War Host Gathers

Brother Captain Uriel

Hail fellow Sons of the Lion! The Forces of the Unforgiven have slowly begun to arrive from Caliban, massing for the battle that will surely come!

I've been building a Ravenwing army since Christmas and I've been debating about which part of the army to expand next.  So far, I have the old Master of the Ravenwing Land Speeder that doubles as Sammael on Sableclaw, a Ravenwing Command Squad (2 boxes of Ravenwing Black Knights), 2 Ravenwing Attack Squadrons (each with 6 Bikes, 1 Attack Bike and 1 Land Speeder), 2 Darkshrouds, 3 Lascannon Predators and a Vindicator.  I have some other Space Marine odds and ends that I've collected over the years, but they don't seem to lend themselves to use in a Ravenwing army.

With the basic 1 HQ and 2 Troop choices covered, I want to expand the army while maintaining a semblance of balance between the different components of the army as I move forward.  Should I expand my Troop choices first and then concentrate on Elite and Fast Attack choices?  I would like to have a variety of options available in the army in order to try different builds/tactics and I'm not limiting myself to a specific point value range.

Some thoughts are to build another Ravenwing Attack Squadron or begin building the first Ravenwing Black Knight Squadron.  I sense that I should have at least 1 Elite choice in the army, but I'm not sure which Elite choices work best with a Ravenwing army.  At what point should I consider adding another HQ choice and a second Ravenwing Command Squad?

I ask these questions because I'm a new Dark Angels player and all of this is Theoryhammer to me at this point.  I've played Orks exclusively since I began playing 40K and I have no experience (other than the bad kind on the business end of a lascannon) with power armor armies.  Transitioning from a high model count horde army to a low model count (and highly mobile) power armor army is going to be quite challenging and interesting.

Your wisdom and thoughts are invited Battle Brothers!

Hi and welcome!

I think the best answer to your questio is for you to look at the army lists section and search the Ravenwing armie present there. They will be different from each other but the basic will be almost the same... then you can see what suits your style the best.

Once you have the HQ, the command squad, 2 Troops and the Darkshoud then the rest is pretty much up to the taste. You could go for more bikes and a Banner of Devastation or you could go for more Black knights and "spam" them. It's up to your taste (and wallet).

Archived