Forge fiend: A discussion and Analysis

maverike_prime

• 4 weeks later...

So, the Ectofiend has been more efficient than the Hadesfiend in you guys' games ?

How would you compare it to a stock Defiler ?

Its like GW just thought 'everyone must own a defiler by now, lets make them overcosted so people buy new models instead of using their old defiler models in games'

Incredibly cynical thing of me (and probably a lot of other players) to think but its seems almost true. It used to be 150pts last edition.

In the new (and brilliant) khorne daemonkin codex they have the defiler side by side with the daemon soulgrinder variant and its an embarrassing comparison lol.

My main issue is that I already have two predators and a vindicator, I really wish Forge/maulerfiends had been in the elites section instead, even if it meant taking a warp smith, as it is the heavy support section is very overcrowded whilst our options for anti tank outside of it tend to be fairly short ranged such as bikers or dreadnoughts.
The cost and lack of AV13 is the kicker though, I love both of the fiend models, but when they are so expensive yet so fragile you just look at the list of predators and vindicators to be more sure of your support lasting past the first turn, plus with the cost means using them alongside cult units is usually hard, though I am curious to see them in the Daemonkin codex.

Though it helps other units just as much, if you don't need a lot of mobility an aegis defense line raises the survivability of the Forgefiend a little bit. Of course, the Soul Grinder of Nurgle benefits most of all.

Though it helps other units just as much, if you don't need a lot of mobility an aegis defense line raises the survivability of the Forgefiend a little bit. Of course, the Soul Grinder of Nurgle benefits most of all.

2+ cover?

2+ cover?

Yep! It's very nice, although the grinder is such a beast in combat it's almost a waste just to sit him in the back field.

Archived