Rongo5051

There have been a few Limited Edition Dark Angels figures throughout the years. The only one that recently comes to mind is Chaplin Seraphicus.

Take some photos and post them up would be a better way to confirm what he has.

these are not that rare really, the big prize here is the guy holding the gun over his head with the hooded robe, he is from the 2007 battle box and is highly rare and sought after (mainly because at the time he was a part of a box set nobody really bought and so hes hard to find). you can aquire him from recasters for a realtively soft fee but the real rick james there is worth around $120 canadian (90 bucks USD) on ebay. its a model i would like to someday have the privledge of owning and painting for personal use however im currently in no position to be buying models.

the remaining three arent that uncommon actually, the remaining three are a 4th edition dark angels veteran with plasma pistol and chainsword, a generic company master (that was later reworked into the finecast one we see today) and finally you have a generic older 4th edition chaplain that isnt actually a dark angel at all hes a generic HQ.

another real prize to look out for is brother belthor, seen here (middle):

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics7/img42457299792e7.jpg

while you can technically still buy him in finecast carrying the chapter banner the origional one was cut up so many times and turned into so many different other marines or even CSM's an fully intact belthor is hard to find. hes not all that valued but it is a challenge getting all of him because hes been butchered so much. in fact you cant even find more than 2 on ebay atm (just checked). he is another old metal model id love to get my hands on becuase i think he looks moot and tbh i find his whole lore very interesting

while you can technically still buy him in finecast carrying the chapter banner the origional one was cut up so many times and turned into so many different other marines or even CSM's an fully intact belthor is hard to find. hes not all that valued but it is a challenge getting all of him because hes been butchered so much. in fact you cant even find more than 2 on ebay atm (just checked). he is another old metal model id love to get my hands on becuase i think he looks moot and tbh i find his whole lore very interesting

Brother Bethor in metal is rare? Huh. I've one complete and painted, the other still in blister.....

Yes, that hooded company master was a limited release. It only came out with the Dark Angel launch boxset in 4th edition which included him, one of the then new librarians, a predator, devastator squad, terminator assault squad and some company veterans and scouts plus the 4th ed codex. It was a nice boxset, even though I still haven't built most of it!

This one is rare.  It looks like one of yours has the iron halo on it. (cant find a picture with it on mine..  Never have really finished this guy...)
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/fred40k2002/Dark%20Angels/SecondSquad005.jpg

The guy who has a chainsword over his head is absolutely not rare, it came with a squad and later in a blister. 

Thanks alot guys ! Helps alot . Those where just the ones my buddy said was rare why i asked about them , There's a bunch of other metal ones x2 brother belthor, Dark angels chief Libarian with the metal banner, x2 Sgt. in robes with power swords and a bunch of metal robed marines. He got the lot for 100's and I traded some older Chaos for it, So sounds like it was well worth it...... O and 2 of the Metal cyphers figures i'd keep them incase this turns into a fallen army....

Brother Bethor in metal is rare? Huh. I've one complete and painted, the other still in blister.....

well as stated technically he isn't that rare because they have basically the same mould in finecast with the chapter banner but the real og metal one is actually pretty hard to come by. I only ever see a handful on eBay and sometimes none at all (I am currently unemployed and window shop on eBay to pass the time) currently I found two on eBay Canada. And last month I could only find 1 listing.

I've found incomplete ones sure with the banner crossbar missing, or his pistol arm swapped for another weapon, or his head swapped or his model has been stripped of da iconograp. But the unmolested ones are harder to find back in August I tried to acquire one but actually couldn't find one.

well as stated technically he isn't that rare because they have basically the same mould in finecast with the chapter banner but the real og metal one is actually pretty hard to come by. I only ever see a handful on eBay and sometimes none at all (I am currently unemployed and window shop on eBay to pass the time) currently I found two on eBay Canada. And last month I could only find 1 listing.

I've found incomplete ones sure with the banner crossbar missing, or his pistol arm swapped for another weapon, or his head swapped or his model has been stripped of da iconograp. But the unmolested ones are harder to find back in August I tried to acquire one but actually couldn't find one.

Just last night I was stripping the paint from my metal version of this mini... The banner top is somewhere in my bits box too! Always really liked it!

The pistol may have been cannon at one time (dont remember every detail of my 2nd ed codex) but right now he is just a Company vet in a command squad.  Therefore the pistol can be just about any weapon...  I used a Chainsword just because.  So when the finecast one came out with  a chainsword exactly like I converted it made me happy.  

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/fred40k2002/Dark%20Angels/Command1002.jpg

I have a 2nd one for a BoD I am working on and I am considering getting the new one with the chapter banner.

I have the crossbar if anybody needs any.

Archived