Mephiston re-sculpt

BloodTzar

Hello guys,

i remember reading the rumors and there was info that Mephy might get new sculpt. Do you know if this is fake or is it going to happen? Moreover anyone knows when this should be?

What I mean, I like to use Mephy, however the model is just plain ugly...and now I need to decide if I go for Seth-conversion or wait for new GW sculpt

thank you for info,

~BT

You know what would be neat? If they went through with all of the older character models, created a 3D rendering of a new version of them, and then let people pledge 30 bucks for a new one. When the pledge goal has been reached, the new model is sculpted and released, with all pledgers getting a model...

Crowd funding is the way of the future, lol.

Give an old model new rules and it will continue to sell at no further effort to GW.

How many old models have received a revamp? I can only think of a handful. Calgar, Kortez and Lemartes spring to mind for Marines. Yarrick and Ghazkull too although the "new" models are getting pretty long in the tooth now. I cannot think of any others off the top of my head.

"Old" Calgar is still available too. From a pure monetary point of view, kits will sell more than special characters so new kits are the order of the day. Or, things that were originally missing (see the Chapterhouse Studio lawsuit for the need to fill in the gaps) like a Sanguinary Priest model which can be done as a "clampack".

Mephiston photo

Buy the old model (if you don't have already) and convert!

I did a slight conversion (bad picture) just to fix the issues I had with the old model:

1.Hight - Too small...Gave him space marine feet/ankles and arms.

2. Pose: Too static...re-pose but mines still a little static.

I've seen many people to excellent conversions to fall in love with the model again.

- Cheers

The glory of doing a successor chapter is that you're not beholden to the existing design choices of BA special characters when doing your counts-as versions.

Yup, Mephiston is just a powerarmoured librarian with force sword and plasma pistol.

Such a fail...congrats GW pushing old models to its limits...

Spoken like a true none SOB player. ;)

But no, one of the most fun things to do in this hobby is to convert models and make them your own.

Astorath as the same armour style as mephiston and is Fine cast so easy to cut appart and rebuild o how you want him, I have and he looks bloody awesome!

Spoken like a true none SOB player. ;)

But no, one of the most fun things to do in this hobby is to convert models and make them your own.

Astorath as the same armour style as mephiston and is Fine cast so easy to cut appart and rebuild o how you want him, I have and he looks bloody awesome!

Is the head easy to remove? Everything is awesome about Astorath except his ridiculous Dracula face.

Spoken like a true none SOB player. msn-wink.gif

Is the head easy to remove? Everything is awesome about Astorath except his ridiculous Dracula face.

I like the face but its a yes and no moment for that, the hair is built into the neck, its easy to remove his arms even with them joining on top of his head as to greenstuff back hair is a 2 second job, his head is still easily removed though, just means you will need to remove the hair on his armour (not allot of it) or greenstuff the new heads hair to join onto it.

In fairness though he is the Vampire Jesus, having a look of Infinite and Ageless Bloodlust and Wrath is hardly a bad thing. ;)

Spoken like a true none SOB player. msn-wink.gif

I like the face but its a yes and no moment for that, the hair is built into the neck, its easy to remove his arms even with them joining on top of his head as to greenstuff back hair is a 2 second job, his head is still easily removed though, just means you will need to remove the hair on his armour (not allot of it) or greenstuff the new heads hair to join onto it.

In fairness though he is the Vampire Jesus, having a look of Infinite and Ageless Bloodlust and Wrath is hardly a bad thing. ;)

Oh my no! It's just his weird gums and stuff, plus I prefer helmeted guys bar ironically the Mephiston model!

Thanks for the info!

Archived