Space Hulk: Deathwing new trailer

Varizel

Yes, you really did fix it. That other music just didn't work. I guess they were going for "Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriguez movie", but it is....off. My only other comment would be: what is with the use of Times New Roman/Arial/Calibri/whatever the heck font that is on the blade (and on the plastic model Blade of Caliban bit for that matter)? Caligraphy script is all the rage in 40K...except where it actually matters- on the models, both plastic and CGI apparently. Somebody needs to get smacked up-side the head about this. Consistency, people! Consistency! tongue.png

Awesome trailer. I thought the original soundtrack was eerily effective - just peachy. The 'fixed' version just anothet heavy metal cliche that we've all heard before and has, if anything, become a bit of a self-parody :)

Loved the slow/fast action sequences. Plasma and flamer looked amazing. But for me the blessed assault cannon was boss.

Cheers

I

Seems to be a 50/50 split among viewers about the music. Some like it, some hate it. I'd have used a more inspiring song, but I wanted to prove you could slip anything in there to substitute the song they chose. Maybe I'll pick a non-heavy metal song and make another :P

:D. Careful with copyright issues on a public site ;)

Trouble is GW have kind of painted themselves into a corner in the larger picture of 40K marketing. They are losing revinue in an industry fueled by small crowd-funded startups with fresh ideas and product and fast updates.

Aiming everything to appeal to a (free-spending) college-educated middle class male metal-loving 12-24 year old ideal worked ok in the 1990s-2000. But is feeling very stale in a much more tech-savvy 21st century environment.

We've only fairly recently had electronic codexes for heaven's sake.

Not everything they try will work :) but I'm sure the ride willl be an interesting experience.

I love the trailer...

I don't care about the music when i see the DA finally doing what our poor written dexes prevent us to do...

To slain and purify the mutant the alien and the heretic...!!!

I love all the TDA armours and the weapons but my fav one is the writing on the sword...

I AM WRATH. I AM STEEL. I AM THE MERCY OF ANGELS.

This is boss...!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, there is already a thread on news and Rumors section about this game so if the purpose of this one is (also) rant on about the quaility or lack thereoff of the music then this one gets shut down and you can direct the same rants in the other thread.

Cheers! :D

I really like the original song, it works quite well for mowing down some 'nids.  Unforgiven by Metallica... a good tune on it's own but it does feel a bit out of place.

The quote on the blade, is that something new or has it appeared previously in the fluff? 

nomnom

Not a fan of the music...but the art was damned cool!

As for "unforgiven," well, of course the title of the song fits, but the music...I love that song, but it's too melancholy and not fast enough for frenteic bug-slaying, although the fatalist theme definitely fits.  If you insist on metallica...maybe "fuel?"

It is a nice trailer and captures the mood of the Deathwing quite well in many ways (to be fair, I haven't watched it with sound yet, so I'm only commenting on the images thus far). But it seems pretty promising. As ever with computer games, time will tell.

How are those plasma cannons in the game? I'm a long time blood angels painter but I've been acquiring enough models to build a deathwing force. I'm a much newer player and I've never seen those used in an actual game. I want to begin work on my deathwing. Really curious as I want to model some of those after being inspired by that video.

How are those plasma cannons in the game? I'm a long time blood angels painter but I've been acquiring enough models to build a deathwing force. I'm a much newer player and I've never seen those used in an actual game. I want to begin work on my deathwing. Really curious as I want to model some of those after being inspired by that video.

The Deathwing Command Squad box has a Plasma Cannon in it. And yes Deathwing Command Squads and Deathwing Terminator Squads can take Plasma Cannons, have a look at the codex ;)

On a different note the Plasma Cannon look alike firing green instead of blue hopefully means it's a different weapon. Grav Cannon?

Archived