Angels of Wrath! lore sketch update

Sete

This will be a rough sketch soni xan later improve for the index astartes.

So after leaving the warp and engaging on a guerrila war against the eclesiary, AoW tried to establish contact with other Unforgiven chapters without sucess.

The sisters being attacked for what they tough to be chaos forces, requested help describing the assailants as wearing the Dark Angels symbol. Obviously this attracted the attention of the Dark Angels chapter, and ravenwing was dispatched to deal with thia new foe, thinking them to be fallen Angels.

The Dark Angels strike cruiser upon reching the system received the astropath signal, and made contact.

Even so fearing for what it could be a trap, took the necessary precautions, and arranged a meeting with the commander of the AoW forces.

The meeting went without incidents and despite not being mentioned on any imperium documents, the Dark Angels kept records of the long gone chapter.

After being throughly examined for the taint of chaos after so much time in the warp... Cornelius Makallan rose to the rank of Grand Master and was offered a suit of artificer armour along with Battle Barge to serve as the new base of the chapter.They were also offered a few TDA to rebuild the 1st company. The Chapter as it stands does not have Ravenwing. Im using mobile at work so pls forgive typing mistakes. Ill clean this up later today.

Well, the DA boards tend to slow down a bit over the weekend, so it's not that much of a surprise that no one responded in an hour and a half or so.

One thing that confuses me is your description of "silver inside". Do you mean just the torso, or the torso, arms, legs and helm?

Also, considering the description of the Angels of Wrath from the Citadel Fanatic (which contained fan-fic and DiY level stuff, not necessarily all official material), how are you working the story? The Angels of Wrath were almost (possibly eventually completely) destroyed during the Age of Apostacy, so are you going with the idea that they have somehow rebuilt to fighting strength in modern 40K, or are you setting your force during/before the Age of Apostacy?

Also, how are you planning on expanding the rather bare fluff for the Angels of Wrath? Honestly, I hope you move away from the "Covert X" type stuff that it currently involves.

Men in Green was the description on the contents page. Really they were a lot like the Souldrinkers. Nothing wrong with Covert X (X as in 10.) It was an experiment in using a skirmish sized battle using mobs as cover.

You could easily have them reunited with the Unforgiven and remade into a 'new' chapter, even use the same character names.

One thing that confuses me is your description of "silver inside". Do you mean just the torso, or the torso, arms, legs and helm?

I think that's missing a comma. "silver, inside shoulder pad green with White symbol". i.e. silver armour, Chapter symbol white on a green field.

Covert X harkens back to some super-cheesy sci-fi naming, like Wormhole X-treme, or let's face it, all the various flavors of the Marvel X-teams. It's just over done and has lost all "cool" factor it could have had, even back in '97 when it debuted.

Yeah missed a coma.

Sorry for my over eagerness, but im starting on them now as fast as possible.

Yeah im moving from covert x stuff. They were almost wiped out 4k ago right, but it does not specify when they got out. So lets say, they are not going to be 500 years fighting a covert operation with class b movie flicks names. Sooner or later they will understand that a lot of time as passed.

Now im planning to have them contact the DA or one of the unforgiven chapters, since they are part of them and from that rebuilding their forces. Ofc they will have little love for the 40k church (its morning and my hangover does not allow me to write that word).

I could also go for black with the inside of the shoulder pads green.

The silver armor would be an interesting tie in with the Guardians of the Covenant (perhaps some kind of shared lineage?) and it would be interesting to see the difference between a dark iron-ish metal versus a brighter silver on an Unforgiven chapter.

If you'd like to take a look at the black trim with green pauldron inset, my Stoneburners use that scheme on their pauldrons (I do a green chest plate and power pack though for the armor), it might give you some ideas for your color scheme. If you do black armor (and I'm sure you are familiar with this as a Black Templars player), you can definitely give your armor some different color tones even with pure black by simply altering the highlight color: blue, grey, dark green, etc.

Looking forward to seeing where you go with this project!

I ended up goig for jet black like angels of vengeance with green inset like Dark angels and silver trim. Not too happy with the transfers they are a bit annoying I just hope they dry properly.

Im quite happy with the color scheme. I went for silver but it was too bland.

Opinions sugestions are always welcome :)

Saturday I have my first game with them.

It will be a 3 way battle free for all vs Tau and SoB.

HQ

Company Master Power Sword, Lion's Roar

Troops

Scout Squad Sniper Rifles and Camo Cloaks

2x5 Man Tactical Squad with Plasma Gun and Missile Launcher

Fast Attack

5 man 2 flamers and Sargent with Power Sword on a rhino.

Archived