Imperial Fist characters

Snejk

So I found some bits and pieces laying about and figured I need a captain and a retinue for my Imperial Fists. This is the result so far. The captain is built from various sternguard, devastator, assault and vanilla bits, and I got some  inspiration from FW's Alexis Pollux character.

The standrad bearer is built from various Vanilla, GK, Warriors of chaos (WHFB) and some other parts that I dont recognise. The traitor scum that he's grinding under his boot will of course be an IW. I'd probably be more afraid of the standard bearer than of the captain...

Captain & standard bearer wip

Any suggestions for his armor? I thinking of doing some black details as on this bad boy:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140411234646/warhammer40k/images/4/4f/IF_Legion_Assault_Legionary.jpg

But then again I'm doing the 3rd company.

A Terminator head? That explains it! You're right. And here I was thinking it was an ordinary Grey Knight helmet... The shame. The eternal shame!

Oh well, the head is there, and I'm not going to change it.

Just gonna show off my 3rd company progress so far:

Imperial Fists 3rd company

And here are some Marines to fill out my devastator squads to full 10 man squads. Using the GW airbrush to paint the first layer of brown base color, covering that with 3-4 thin layers of Averland sunset before giving them a wash of Casandora Yellow and then using the airbrush to do some top down and 45 degree angle highlights. 

imageIF Devastator bodies

Archived