The Codex Magnus.

GrandMagnus

Any word on my iron snake? It's been a while.

Dallo

That's the veteran sergeant I was talking about :P I've put him on my work table so I don't forget.

That's further than I've gotten in the last 6 months!

Dallo

That's the veteran sergeant I was talking about tongue.png I've put him on my work table so I don't forget.

Well, ive been on a bit of a hiatus myself. Apart from one guardsman I painted for the Heroes of Guard challenge I haven't really done anything since... May or June I think. But I think I'm ready for the the hobby again.

Dallo

That's the veteran sergeant I was talking about :P I've put him on my work table so I don't forget.

Well, ive been on a bit of a hiatus myself. Apart from one guardsman I painted for the Heroes of Guard challenge I haven't really done anything since... May or June I think. But I think I'm ready for the the hobby again.

That dame thing happens to me every year. During the winter months I get loads of work done but when warmer weather arrives it all goes back to racecar activities lol

• 1 month later...

He lives! How's my Iron Snake coming along?

Glad to see you back.

Dallo

I've been on a small vacation, so I haven't had time to finish him. But all that's really left is the skin, base, pauldrons and details. I will be working on it alongside the Sons of Medusa, but man I can tell you it's definetly the last time I work with Finecast wallbash.gif Lord, that resin is just horrible.

LACHESIS WAR CLAN

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t373/Philip_Breusch_Magnussen/Sin%20tiacutetulo_zpsaxwibcww.png

BORN FROM IRON

So here we go, as part of the A Badab War Tale I will be representing the cold and rutheless succesors of the Iron Hands, the Sons of Medusa. In particular, because I wanted to add my own touch to this army I chose to represent the detachment of the Lachesis war clan that was sent to support the Atropos war clan during the Badab War. Since there is no fluff regarding the Lachesis clan (that I know of) I am free to do what I want, without going overboard of course. Here is the colour scheme for the clan:

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t373/Philip_Breusch_Magnussen/22_zpsdil87peo.jpg

Now, I don't know how far I will get with those 1000 planed points I have and the Emperor knows it will take forever for me to finish just one squad, we will see how much I manage to do until March were I will be moving abroad for 4 months and won't have any access to my hobby material (or time for that matter). I highly doubt I will finish the project before March.

Now I present to you the first squad of the army, well half the squad. "Oathsworn" terminator squad Ludovic:

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t373/Philip_Breusch_Magnussen/2015-12-04%2015.12.49_zpsvd1st0zq.jpg

About the terminator kits I have mixed feelings. The kit is not bad but it needs to be remade like GW did with the assault and devastator marines. But other that the plastic being a bit thicker than the never plastic and the design being very static I was pleasently suprised by the kit. It's still nice. The savy among you will recognise the legs of the sergeant from Forge World. There aren't really any bionics on this unit because of two reasons: I can't sculpt/convert at all so doing it on terminators is tricky; and I think replacing parts of the terminators armour with bionics just seems ridiculous. I mean a bionic limb should if anything be able to fit within power armour and terminator armour is much larger that PA, so an unarmoured marine with a TDA sized bionic would look very much out of scale.

The bases have not yet been worked on, that's my next step before priming and then painting.

Comments and critics are welcome.

I've just realized the amount of space marine camouflage that was present in the badab war chapter waaaay back in the rogue trader days. It could be interesting to see terminators in camouflage, even though it kind of seems... weird.

But then again, nothing beats a giant green guy carrying a huge fist and a small 75 double barrel machine gun, screaming like a lunatic as he charges into your formation like raging bull.

BTW, working on the first marine give me a couple of days and there will be an update.

UPDATE! First terminator is almost done. I just need to finish the base, touch up a few places and add some corrosion and battle damage to the armour. Basically just the details are left to be done. Seriously, that chapter badge, that was a huge pain in the censored.gif and I'm not entirely satisfied since it turned out bigger than I had wanted, but with a bit a practice it will get better and then I can fix this one. And it was white over black, so you know, patience was required.

A little of background on the marine. He has black pauldrons because I decided that would be the best way of determining the veterans of the war clan, everybody else will be using green pauldrons. His right knee is black with a white triangle which represents the support company (in the SofM each of the 3 clans are divided into 3 companies: battle, tactical and support, the last one containing the clans devastators, assault marines and veterans). Not much else to say about this guy, except sorry for the picture quality.

There is also a space marine helmet on the base, which should probably be from one of the seccesionist chapters, don't you think? So what should it be: Astral Claws, Mantis Warriors or Lamenters? Leave your opinion in the comments.

Damn the images are HUGE, I need some practice with the editor.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t373/Philip_Breusch_Magnussen/2015-12-072019.31.54_zpsnlgrzrwi.jpg?t=1449428165

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t373/Philip_Breusch_Magnussen/2015-12-072019.32.14_zpsrroiszkf.jpg?t=1449428138

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t373/Philip_Breusch_Magnussen/2015-12-072019.32.07_zpsyrlpmtb4.jpg?t=1449428245

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t373/Philip_Breusch_Magnussen/2015-12-072019.32.02_zpssflamtrn.jpg?t=1449428271

NICE !!!!!

Why thank you kind sir :P

Looking good Magnus. I'd suggest either a Lamentor or an Astral Claw, as green on green wouldn't really look that good, IMO. Looks like the effort you put into the freehand paid off.

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

Thanks! You are probably right about the green on green, so I think I will go for Astral Claws, a nice metallic contrast. 

Lovely green and great highlighting. Looking forward to seeing the whole squad!

Thank you! It's my first time painting a green marine so I'm kind of surprised that it turned out so well :P 

I vote for an Astral Claw helmet, fight the cause, not the symptoms.

So definetly an Astral Claw helmet now :D

Terminator finished. I'm wondering if I should add anything else to the base, like grass or snow maybe? Thoughts?

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t373/Philip_Breusch_Magnussen/2015-12-092013.24.29_zpsbel6fej1.jpg?t=1449577880

Keep it as is, 'cause it's bloody brilliant and grass would just take away from the whole "flesh (nature) is weak" theme

For the Warmaster!

Thank you, let me just say your Sons of Horus are amazing. For the warmaster!

Perhaps blend the helmet base into the actual base a bit more? It might also benefit from a trail of blood leading from the helmet. Right now, it just looks like someone left their helmet on the ground.

Dallo

I see what you mean about the helmet base, it's a tiny problem with the GW basing kit, the bases are very tall.  About the blood, the helmet has 2 scratches down the left eye so I guess someone could have dropped his helmet because it malfunctioned from the damage but I will consider it.

Sweet monkey balls, thats a good looking Son of Medusa! The Chapter symbol came out brilliantly, i think.

Maybe dust the helmet a little with the sand colour for the base, to tie it in?

Thank you, MagicMan. I added some dust to the legs of the marine and to the helmet as you suggested.

If you are going with damaged helmet, I'd emphasise it more. Perhaps drill out an eye lense or put a big hole/dent in it.

Just some food for thought.

Dallo

That's actually not a bad idea, Dallo. Maybe I should have but the damaged side outwards :P Yeah, I think I will try to drill out a bullet hole in the helmet. 

Archived