The Codex Magnus.

GrandMagnus

A Blood trail would look proper.

Blood for the blood god.... :P

So guys, some hobby meditation has brought me to the conclusion that I wish to paint a mini from (almost) every chapter at the same time as I will be working on those 1000 points of the Sons of Medusa. Considering how slowly I paint I've got the work cut out for me :D I already have some minis I can share so those will come sometime this week.

Regarding the next terminator, the armour is done and I've begun work on the details. I can honestly say painting the rocket launcher feels like a chore which is bringing me a bit down but atleast it's just the one :P

And Dallo, I've become increasingly frustrated with the resin of the veteran sergeant marine so I will look through my bits box and make an equally awesome marine fromt he parts I find for that Iron Snake. Seriously, :cuss finecast! furious.gif

Ah, the curse of the hobby butterfly. I know thee all too well.

Take your time on my Iron Snake. I'm sure he's be worth the wait. That said, I think you should concentrate on your Sons of Medusa first. I imagine you'll feel pretty proud of yourself once you finish the first 1000 points.

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

• 2 weeks later...

Second terminator, the heavy weapons guy:

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t373/Philip_Breusch_Magnussen/2015-12-192014.03.21_zpsf60ppjq4.jpg?t=1450444106http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t373/Philip_Breusch_Magnussen/2015-12-192014.03.27_zpsahsuros9.jpg?t=1450444127

I can't seem to crop the images correctly, guess I've got to keep trying :P

Thanks guys!

Looking good. I'm liking the muted palette. Would you consider repainting the missiles a different colour? They kind of fade into the background at the minute. Just a thought.

Dallo

Any suggestions? I was considering painting the missiles in a different colour but I couldn't think of any suitable colour, so any ideas would be welcome.

I think grey and/or yellow would look nice. I also vote for the blood trail for the Astral Claw helmet, and I'd even go as far as to say a blue stripe down the top to make it stand out more from the grey base.

Great looking Sons of Medusa. One of my all time favourite Official Chapters, and rendered particularly well. Good look trying to free-hand that clan symbol somewhere ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, brothers and sisters, happy new year to all of you and best of luck for these 365 days to come.

Now, time for the 2016 planning. I've spent some time considering what to do for this coming year, hobby wise, and I came to a simple conclusion: No armies. There are so many wonderfull miniatures out there, both GW/FW as well as other producers like Romeo Models, Scale 75 and Pegasus minis that I want to paint and that is exactly what I will do, I just need to finish the last 3 terminators of the SofM. This hobby, like any other, is about enjoying ourselves and so that's the road I will take for this year. I will of course keep posting any forum related minis on this thread don't worry ;) and I'm planning two tiny kill teams, one of either blood angels or some kind of imperial mercenery/inquisition/admech group and the other of filthy filthy xenos :P Also focusing on smaller projects will allow me to take some time and practice various techniques and sculpting methods that I wouldn't otherwise have time to do.

This coming year will also be quite busy for me, hence why I won't be working on big projects. In march I will be moving abroad for a 4 months and with any luck again at the end of the year, so my hobby time is limited.

Anyways, I just thought I needed to update this, keep an eye out on the thread, with the festivities done I should be back working on the terminators again and updates are soon to come.

• 6 months later...

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/7/74/Raptors_original.jpg

RAPTORS, READY FOR BATTLE.

So I'm back and I'll be painting the 30th aniversary of space marines in  the original rogue trader raptors heraldry. Other than that I have some plans to maybe make a small starter force of 1 captain, 1 tac squad, 1 terminator squad and 1 dreadnought, inspired on the content of Assault on Black Reach. But we will see how that goes because I'm currently looking for work and I might end up going abroad.

Just a little bit... tongue.png

As penance I sentence you to painting the entire Chapter! devil.gif

Dallo

... And they never saw Grandmagnus again... :P I have a hard time painting a single marine, imagine how long it would take me to make a chapter blink.png

So I'm painting the blue armour of the marine now, but I have to repaint it. I tried using a watered down method that I've used before on a 70mm miniature, but on this scale I just can't get it to look right, so edge highlighting here i come.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t373/Philip_Breusch_Magnussen/Image_zpskvqx5wyy.jpg

Main body done. As always picture quality is terrible but I've been trying to use GIMP to edit it, I want to cut out the background and such, but oh well it's still just a WIP.

Also, regarding that space marine army idea scratch that. An old friend of mine came back in the hobby wanting to play Age of Sigmar and/or 8th Ed. Warhammer fantasy, so I will be bringing my vampire counts back from the grave and be repainting them for some time. I might pop back in once in a while with a new mini. Anyways, onwards to the arms and shoulder pads!

Archived