I put Dante on a larger base ... problem?

Helias_Tancred

I recently put a larger base on Dante. Its larger than the bases that come with the Sanguinary Guard. Its the larger ones for the tyranid warriors from the Deathstorm boxed set. I decorate my bases and as the chapter master I wanted him to stand out. I really hate the old resin models of Dante, Tycho, etc ... they are so small and when you put them on the 25mm bases its pretty sad IMO.

Would this cause a problem in the game? I'm not trying to cheat or anything such as that. He is on his original base and I mounted it in the middle of the larger base. I was planning in making measurements from his original base.

While it is possible to run into people that would take issue with the size of ones base, as far as the rules go, you can base whomever on whatever. Gone are the days of "must be on the base supplied", and now we have a much more free system to do with as we please. So, do what you want, and if you run into those sticklers, just let them know you like the base size and have no intention of changing it. If they try to quote rules, have them show it to you (cause, again, it doesn't exist).

And have fun.

As long as you put effort into your base and it's not ridiculously oversized, people should not complaint ;) the advantage of being on a 32mm or 40mm base is minimal, and sometimes it's even a disadvantage.

All my bikes are on larger custom bases someone sculpted for me. They look pretty cool and so far nobody has complained on any tournament I've been to.

Archived