Extremely sad goodbye

Murdicus

I can't put my hand on anything 'official' to say he has served with the DW, but I, like you, think that it would be more than likely.

I remember reading something a long time ago that says that the DA actually like sending their marines to the DW as it can give them a wider net listening to rumours of the Fallen...

I don't recall them liking it, just turning it to their advantage by sending a member of the deathwing that reports back to the inner circle. The effect is the same as you say though. It gives them official inquisitorial channels to scan for information.

• 6 months later...

so there has been another stint in hospital and it looks like i have to give up work completely so the force has been stripped down and the ideas have changed completely. going to be keeping my force now and hopefully feel well enough for a game once a month or so but everything needs repainting first.

the next question then i guess, seeing as i haven't got my hands on the new codex yet, is what load out do i use?

looking through my models i have the deathwing redemtion force and the demi-company minus 1 tactical squad. no grav guns or money to get any. every variation of every character plus some left over so what would you recommend while i save for the codex?

I also have enough to make 3 ravenwing battleforces but no flyers of any kind other than sammael in a landspeeder or jetbike both kitbashed as well as land raider crusader and rhino

pictures to follow of the challenge ahead (it won't be on an ETL vow due to the health limitations that i will be completing this under)

so there has been another stint in hospital and it looks like i have to give up work completely so the force has been stripped down and the ideas have changed completely. going to be keeping my force now and hopefully feel well enough for a game once a month or so but everything needs repainting first.

the next question then i guess, seeing as i haven't got my hands on the new codex yet, is what load out do i use?

looking through my models i have the deathwing redemtion force and the demi-company minus 1 tactical squad. no grav guns or money to get any. every variation of every character plus some left over so what would you recommend while i save for the codex?

I also have enough to make 3 ravenwing battleforces but no flyers of any kind other than sammael in a landspeeder or jetbike both kitbashed as well as land raider crusader and rhino

pictures to follow of the challenge ahead (it won't be on an ETL vow due to the health limitations that i will be completing this under)

well maybe you can try making a cad, and dont feel bad about not having grav its not that special, if you want i could mail u some grav weapons i got a combi grab i think lying around and a grav pistol or two but you will see not that amazing. to be honest the best people toting one are centurions and the land raider excelsior because they might actually get to fire it before they get blasted to pieces.

Murdicus, I am sorry to hear that you've been back in the hospital and that you had to give up work but it sounds like you have lots of models to keep you busy.

It looks like the best list to build would be a combined arms detachment.  It would allow you to use everything that you have, including the land raider.  The other option would be to build a Ravenwing Deathwing list using the RWSF and DWSF.

So here is a question, do you have two ten man tactical squads?  You can break one up into two five man squads.  Give one the plasma cannon and the other the plasma gun.  You will have to convert one of the marines into a sergeant or you will have to build one.  Now you can use the DWRF and allow them to over watch at full ballistic skill!

As for grav, there was a thread about alternative models.  Bitspudlo seems to have a few for a reasonable cost.  But I do not have nay grav in my army yet.  For devastators, my 4 man plasma cannon squad has never let me down.  I was able to take out a squad of 15 necron warriors with them in one turn (I think the dice gods were gazing upon me with favor). 

Hope this helps!

No grav here either.  Might try picking up DV Tac squad or two. Purchase some jump packs to make one assault squad on the cheap.  You can also use Plasma cannons from DV tac squads to build a dev squad up as well if you find them for the right price.

Either way hope you start feeling better, I can relate to that part also.

so I've got my whole army stripped down(Dettol is amazing stuff) and as a base I have this using battlescribe in CAD aiming for 3000 points:

2 x HQ: 280pts

Interrogator-Chaplain: 160pts

Bike, Auspex, Conversion Field, Melta Bomb

Librarian: 120pts

Terminator Armour, Force Axe, Storm Bolter, Psyker Level 2

3 x Elites: 925pts

Command Squad: 190pts

Apothecary, Sacred Standard, Champion, Rhino

Deathwing Command Squad: 250pts

Deathwing Banner, Apothecary, Champion, Sergeant, Assault Cannon

Deathwing Knights: 485pts

3 x Troops: 415pts

Tactical Squad 1: 195pts

Sergeant:

Plasma Pistol, Veteran Sergeant

9 x Marines:

Plasma Cannon, Plasmagun

Tactical Squad 2: 110pts

Sergeant:

Bolt Pistol, Power Fist

4 x Marines:

Plasma Cannon

Tactical Squad 3: 100pts

Sergeant:

Power Sword, Bolt Pistol

4 x Marines:

Plasmagun

3 x Fast Attack: 422pts

Bike Squad:​ 145pts

Attack Bike:

Heavy Bolter

Sergeant:

Veteran, Power Sword

2 x Biker

Black Knights: 132pts

Huntmaster:

Power Sword

2 x Knights

1 x Grenade Launcher

Land Speeders: 145pts

Speeder 1:

Heavy Bolter, Typhoon Missile Launcher

Speeder 2:

Heavy Bolter, Assault Cannon

2 x Heavy Support: 220pts

Devestator Squad:

4 x Marines:

1 x Heavy Bolter, 2 x Plasma Cannon, 1 x Missile Launcher

Predator Squadron:

Sponson: Lascannons

Turret: Twin-Linked Lascannon

1 x Lord of War: 215pts

Azrael

Total: 2512pts​

​I think I will add finished pics to the relevant section while using this thread as a progress file of sorts​

I still have spare:

1 x Venerable dreadnought

1 x Dreadnought

1 x Assault squad

Master, Chaplain & Librarian available in all variations

Sammy both Land Speeder and Jetbike

Belial with all weapon options

2 x Deathwing Squads

1 Scout Squad

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated on ways to possibly improve my list before getting started on painting then hopefully a few games pretty soon

Archived