Inquisitor led armies

so, is this a thing now? I don't have ANY books or anything yet, but will be fixing that. I would like to do an army based around an Inquisitor pulling his weight and getting some troops together, and smiting foes and such.

so, how could I do this?

Check out the Inquisition army list section to give you a few ideas :)

The thing about using Inquisitors is you can start small building up Inquisitirial detachments to use with your other army to build up experience.

Cheers

I

This is one of the best examples of the flexibility in army design we have in 7th edition. All it takes to have an Inquisition led army is to include an Inquisition detachment and make the Inquisitor the warlord. Add in all the other assets the Inquisitor can leverage as Combined Arms Detachments, Allied Detachments or other formations as allowed by the different codices.

Here is a quick example.

Inquisitional Detachment {Inquisitor, henchman squad, chimera}

Astra Millitarum CAD {Commisar Yarrik, 35 man platoon with integrated heavy weapons, veteran squad and chimera, wyvern squadron}

Adepta Sororitas AD {Canoness, Battle Sisters in an Immolator, Dominions with Represor, Exorcist}

Fell-Handed formation {Bjorn Fell-hand with 2 venerable dreads}

That ought to be around 2000 points or so. Just think about what do you see your impromptu army should consist of and add up pieces.

This is one of the best examples of the flexibility in army design we have in 7th edition. All it takes to have an Inquisition led army is to include an Inquisition detachment and make the Inquisitor the warlord. Add in all the other assets the Inquisitor can leverage as Combined Arms Detachments, Allied Detachments or other formations as allowed by the different codices.

Here is a quick example.

Astra Millitarum CAD {Commisar Yarrik, 35 man platoon with integrated heavy weapons, veteran squad and chimera, wyvern squadron}

Adepta Sororitas AD {Canoness, Battle Sisters in an Immolator, Dominions with Represor, Exorcist}

That ought to be around 2000 points or so. Just think about what do you see your impromptu army should consist of and add up pieces.

I don't think you can add a "CAD".  The CAD have to be the same faction as your Warlord, would would be the =][= faction.  The additional detachments would all have to be allies.  They use to have a a special rule that the =][= could be your WL even if it was not your main faction but i don't see it any more.

Here is a quick example.

I don't think you can add a "CAD". The CAD have to be the same faction as your Warlord, would would be the =][= faction. The additional detachments would all have to be allies. They use to have a a special rule that the =][= could be your WL even if it was not your main faction but i don't see it any more.
My understanding is that you may have as many CADs in a Battle Forged army as you want, but may only have one Allied Detachment per CAD.

As for the Inquisitor as a warlord I don't know, the Codex says that a single inquisitor constitutes a ][ detachment.

You both need to read the 7th edition rules. You seem to be mixed up with 6th.

I don't think you can add a "CAD".  The CAD have to be the same faction as your Warlord, would would be the =][= faction.  The additional detachments would all have to be allies.

Nope, no such rule. Jacinda's example is perfectly valid.

The only restrictions on Detachments are those listed in their "Restrictions" section. There's nothing to stop you taking 10 Combined Arms Detachments, every one a different Faction and all different from your Primary.

My understanding is that you may have as many CADs in a Battle Forged army as you want, but may only have one Allied Detachment per CAD.

Nope. You can have as many Allied Detachments as you like, but they can't be your Primary, nor have the same Faction as your Primary.

You both need to read the 7th edition rules. You seem to be mixed up with 6th.

I don't think you can add a "CAD".  The CAD have to be the same faction as your Warlord, would would be the =][= faction.  The additional detachments would all have to be allies.

Nope, no such rule. Jacinda's example is perfectly valid.

The only restrictions on Detachments are those listed in their "Restrictions" section. There's nothing to stop you taking 10 Combined Arms Detachments, every one a different Faction and all different from your Primary.

Nope. You can have as many Allied Detachments as you like, but they can't be your Primary, nor have the same Faction as your Primary.

That's what I get for just skimming sections of the book.

Thanks for pointing that out Lucien.

• 1 month later...

Archived