colour scheme of DA during the horus heresy ?

Ikken

ok so I am normally a space wolf player but i have been building up a small CSM force with the box set . I plan to use the DA models from the box set as Fallen . I have been reading some on the history of the Fallen and the DA history , but i have run into a bit of a problem , it does not seem to be clear what colour the Fallen would be , are they DA green as per modern 40K DA chapters or are they black , I have come across a couple references to DA armor being painted black in the time of the Horris heresy .

I am trying to have a fluffy CSM army based around the fallen DA including Cypher , so I would like the colour scheme to be accurate to established fluff

any help would be appreciated.

Black.

oh that is too bad , I quite like the DA green .

Black it is then .

thanks for the reply smile.png

Typically Black is correct, but GW paint Cypher in Green. What does this men? Perhaps your Fallen are impersonating DA and have temporarily painted their armour green.

Cheers,

Jono

Apologies for my previous one word answer.

Black is more characterful for the Fallen and is certainly what would be expected. But ultimately it's your army so paint them as you like to fit your backstory :yes:.

Cheers

I

Yep, old and established fluff is definitely Black, possibly with the red helm stripe for rank.

More and more HH DA (i.e. Fallen in 40k) have been either pictured or mentioned with bits of green (like on shoulder pads etc) for Caliban or other colours for personal heraldry, even in the newer stuff the predominant colour would be black though.

As Isiah says, you can paint them however you like, you could say they have been corrupted by any of the Chaos powers and paint them appropriately (under their robes of course :P )

DA where usually balck with red markings

the DA native from caliban started to paint their left shoulder pads green with white legion symbol

When Luther betrayed the Lion Cypher was on caliban and he and the loyalists on Caliban (there were mostly Calibanites) painted their armours full green

Noticed how the thing abpout repainting the armpour and then all the loyal legion followed is somehow similar to the DW legend?

Archived