sergeants

baldur27

Hail!

I do mine in the "only correct, and Codex certified manner" possible. Any other designation not in compliance with my method is wrong ;-) (j/k)

My sergeants have all been given the "shoot me! I am wearing a banner!", as I think it looks exceedingly cool and entirely gothic...if impractical! I love it!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Master_Ciaphas/5th6thSquadSergeantsDark.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Master_Ciaphas/dd149cc2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Master_Ciaphas/VeteranSergeantRaziel.jpg

Regards,

Master Ciaphas

Hail!

I do mine in the "only correct, and Codex certified manner" possible. Any other designation not in compliance with my method is wrong ;-) (j/k)

My sergeants have all been given the "shoot me! I am wearing a banner!", as I think it looks exceedingly cool and entirely gothic...if impractical! I love it!

Regards,

Master Ciaphas

Your sargeants look awesome!  I was asking the same question too, what should I do for sargeants.  This answers the question quite clearly.

Thanks!

Epher

My sarge if veteran will be wearing robes... and if it's not veteran, will always have the Mk VIII errant armorish body, complete with the helmet if they have it, or bareheaded if not. That helmet looked different from normal ones. Used to also run them with studded shoulder pads instead of squad designation, but i need those pads for my veterans, so now they got the normal squad designation pads. Would've done the banners back then, but transporting (took 2 spaces instead of 1 for models) was a pain so the idea got ditched :D. The only one that doesn't get the Mk VIII errant armor would be the sarge for devastators. They got the busy looking backpack from the devs kit instead.  For assault marine, I don't have a non veteran sarge.

My 2 cents.

Zonkey, I see no issue with using the Crux Terminatus on a power armoured sergeant. He might previously have served in the 1st company before his current position, or maybe he's been awarded the CT for some act of heroism but has not yet met all of the other requirements for joining the Deathwing. Also, Isiah's right.

All my tactical and devastator sergeants have the banner with company and squad identifier, as per Codex: Angels of Death. Anything else is heresy. tongue.png One assault squad sergeant has a chapter icon on his jump pack as well as a power sword, combat shield and robe. He's quite distinctive. The other has a mohawk, power fist and huge knife. Scout sergeants are a bit bigger than the rest of their squad and/or armed differently.

I'm slowly magnetising the backpacks with the banners on and replacing the sergeants' right shoulder pads with personal heraldry so I'll have a larger pool of sergeant models to choose from (some could double as company veterans) and can move them between squads.

All of my sergeants have full robes or partial robes to keep in line with the old fluff that veteran sergeants were inducted into the Deathwing (good old third edition).  I also am a fan of banners.  I used to think the banners were ridiculous from a military standpoint (makes one a bigger target).  Then I realized that the imperial fists are bright freaking yellow, blood angels are bright red, noise marines are hot pink, etc....  so at the end of the day marines are not trying to hide or blend in!

Don't forget your Devastator Sargeants with a signum and tabbard... for non veteran types.  I finangled a signum from a hunter/killer missile (finally found a use for one) and an antenna from a regular space marine bike.  Of coruse, this is still a work in progress.

IMG_0128.JPG

All my Sgts and Vets are robed and none of my line troops are. Sgts all wear the Crux whilst the Vets get the personal heraldry pads. That is for visual reference on the table, I fluff justify it by saying that the Sgts have the proven strength of mind to steer a squad in the Hunt without divulging the critical information to the troops under their command.

That is just the way I have done it and I know it's a mishmash of the fluff over the editions but that's one of the beauties of the game, personalisation.

Liking the homemade signum :tu:

BS

This guy is going to be the sargeant of a plasma party devastator squad. A helmet might be the only way this guy makes it to veteran with all his troops burning up around him. Then again, he has a plasma pistol... The power armour may not be enough to save him let alone a helmet.

Thanks for the comps on the signum, the back of it turned out pretty good too. There is more bits from the missile launcher. I'll post more in my thread when I get the model done.

All of the Stoneburners sergeants are either marked with a bone colored stripe on a black helm because they are marked for possible induction into the Deathwalkers (1st Company), or they will have the full bone helm of a member of the Deathwalkers (possibly with the blood red stripe of a Deathwalker sergeant, if they held that rank).

Archived