Gunslinger on Tactical squad Sergeants and Veterans

Swculve

So let me get this straight...

Tactical squad Sergeants and Veterans

These are quotes from Blood Angel's 7th edition codex

"The Space Marine Sergeant or Veteran Sergeant may take items from the Melee Weapons and/or Ranged Weapons lists."

Melee Weapons

"A model may replace it's bolt pistol, boltgun, and/or Melee weapon with one of the following"

Let's replace the boltgun with a Chainsword +0 pts

Ranged Weapons

"A model may replace it's bolt pistol and/or Melee weapon with one of the following"

Let's replace the bolt pistol and chainsword for for two plasma pistols +30 pts

The tables do not restrict you from replacing a melee weapon you have bought (say a chainsword) for a ranged weapon (say a plasma pistol). It states "A model may replace its bolt pistol and/or melee weapon with one of the following"

That above is all legal unless somewhere it states that I'm unaware of that you may not swap multiple times.

Any input, this was a large debate on a Blood Angels group on Facebook. Though the other side were arguing rules as intended not rules as written, they weren't referencing rules...

Merged double post, Dam13n.

But of course they can gun sling? Why wouldn't they? There is nothing in there saying that only special characters or whatever can.

It's just a case of, do you really want to to make that sergeant 45pts? Because that's expensive for a 1 wound marine! With twice the chance to roll a 1 for gets hot.

Thats why you give him twin hand flamers or infernus pistols- no overheating...

good thinking batman! But only 6" range though.. But I like the duel flamers!

Dueling with flamers isn't very sporting, is it? ;)

Archived