Going Psychic Heavy with Blood Angels... Viable?

Arufel87

More on topic, I really like the idea of drop podding a furioso librarian rolling on pyromancy. There's 2 powers that give the dreadnought a 4+ save (one is an invul, the other one is a cover) boosting his survivability significantly. And given its turn 1 proximity to the enemy, this makes that possibility far more significant. And you get access to all sorts of shooting powers (the primaris is a heavy flamer) to make up for its ranged weaknesses. I know not many people run pyromancy, but I'm gonna give it a shot before I discount it

That is a neat idea! Pyro is a strange discipline to me, it is supposed to be the primary mind bullet provider but sadly the lack of anything above AP4 other than the melta beam is a little dissapointing.

But the invul chance is pretty great, as would an extra heavy flamer be! Plus the thought of a BA Librarian Dread dropping down and bursting into flames is pretty badass.

In one BSF/CAD/whatever the best we can get is 5 WC (Mephiston + Librarian/Furioso Librarian Dreadnought).

To this, we can add more through additional BSF/CAD, etc, but only as high as 4 WC. If you've woken up on the heretical side of the bed this morning, your Furioso Librarian could roll on Malefic Daemonology (discussion here) and potentially boost your WC in subsequent game turns...

If that's not your cup of tea, we turn to Allies:

• An Allied GK or Nemesis Strike Force detachment will add WC as each squad has the Brotherhood of Psykers rule and their Librarians are Mastery Level 3. They also have access to Invisibility.
  • Inquisitorial Detachments offer Corteaz (ML 2) or a very cheap ML 1 Inquisitor which have access to Invisibility and there's no limit to how many Inquisitors you can add. Henchman units offer a cheap Psyker too.
  • Dark Angels have a Libarius formation (Ezekiel and 2-4 Librarians) and the best bit is that there is no Troop tax to field this.

That's just a few ideas. It is possible to go Psyker heavy but whether or not it is viable given the somewhat random nature of spell generation is another question entirely.

Archived