Base color used in new Blood Angels

Helias_Tancred

Thanks Xenith. I just have one color for the bases, then I apply elmers glue to the top, then I add a layer of loose pebbles and rock. Once that dries I add a layer of GW plastic glue and then drop on some Citadel Grass flock. I need to put up a couple pics to show. BTW I was doing a warpstone green for the base color and I've had numerous people tell me to go to something more subtle because it clashes with the colors of the miniature.

I dont know about using plastic glue with the grass, does it not melt it? I thought you were supposed to use superglue?

I generally used to paint the edges of my bases in the base colour that I used for the texture. I now paint them all black!

My basing recipe is:

Stick model to base.

Glue sand

Spray prime

paint scorched brown/dryad bark

drybrush vermin brown

very light drybrush bleached bone.

I dont know about using plastic glue with the grass, does it not melt it? I thought you were supposed to use superglue?

As Lostiris says, PVA glue is best. Superglue may cause frosting.

I'd be surprised if polystyrene cement did anything to it at all. Wrong sort of polymer usually.

I used to spend ages on bases, glueing the sand then paining it black, then dry brushing grey and on and on and on.

Then (lucky for me) right before I started re-baseing all my power armour models with the new 32mm bases, I descovered black "lava-rock".

I freakin love this stuff, it just paints on wet, drys solid and then one or 2 drybrushes of grey and I had rebased about 50 marines in less than an hour (excluding the time it took for the stuff to dry.) Stick some grassy tufts in there and boom, done.

Archived