Need ideas for converting a Blood Slaughterer

I've been looking at getting 3 Blood Slaughterer's ever since I saw the model and got IA: Apocalypse (don't know if the rules/points are any different in IA:13) but didn't want to bleed more money for FW than I do GW, so I decided on looking for relatively cheaper conversions.

I figured that Maulerfiends are about the same size (maybe a bit bigger?) and roughly the same shape as a Blood Slaughterer. I was thinking I could use one of the Ectoplasma Cannon arms and one of the Lasher Tendrils as the Impaler harpoon gun. Also shortening the neck and maybe finding some smaller Defiler-like legs. Since they have cleavers, I'd need to get rid of the PF arm.

Does anyone know of any Blood Slaughterer conversions they've done themselves or seen before?

I had been thinking of using defilers in bits to make them.

The basic upper hull part as the body with the big claws as the arms and smaller claws as legs. Would seem to fit the size and look suitably daemonic and built for slaughter.

That's true, it's just that Defilers are bigger than Maulerfiends, which are bigger than Helbrutes. It seems to me that Blood Slaughterers are a good median between the size of a Helbrute and Maulerfiend, so I was thinking using a Maulerfiend would be the best choice from the GW range.

I had been thinking of using defilers in bits to make them.

The basic upper hull part as the body with the big claws as the arms and smaller claws as legs. Would seem to fit the size and look suitably daemonic and built for slaughter.

That's true, it's just that Defilers are bigger than Maulerfiends, which are bigger than Helbrutes. It seems to me that Blood Slaughterers are a good median between the size of a Helbrute and Maulerfiend, so I was thinking using a Maulerfiend would be the best choice from the GW range.
Defilers are bigger but that's where using only the upper hull part with some legs/arms would seem to fit. It would end up smaller than a maulerfiend too. I'll try and do a mock up to show you what I mean when I can.

here is what I was meaning by using the defiler.

Bear in mind that these are just using a few bits to provide an example and are very loosely held together with blu-tak.

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq63/seraphile/Mobile%20Uploads/image-34.jpg

so basically using only the top part of the hull as shown and using three of the smaller legs (or less if you want or even spare hooved legs from the Forgefiend if you built the Mauler).

I would remove the top joint off the legs to make them a fair amount shorter and so they don't splay out from the body too much.

Then using the big claws for the arms, again probably best to remove one of the joints or shorten the lengths so the overall reach doesn't look so out of proportion.

As you can see with the Juggernaut, the size is bigger than a helbrute but not too over the top and once you give it a suitable face/helm/head on the front seems quite passable.

as always, feel free to ignore any and all suggestions if they don't suit you!

also another angle: http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq63/seraphile/Mobile%20Uploads/image-33.jpg

and here showing where I would look to trim the legs: http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq63/seraphile/24-02-20151-20-50PM.jpg

I would look at the Ork Def Dred body for a basis of a blood slaughter. I did a size comparison with a friends model a while back, and while the Deff Dread is... erm... 'bulkier' then the Forge world model, it's main body is closer in size then a Fiend or defiler. It also gives you 6 mounting points for arms/legs, which the Blood Slaughter is four legged with 2 arms.

Archived