DA escalation league lists and mini bat reps

Dakkin'Outta'Control

A local gaming group started a little escalation league and I decided to take part with my DA so I could expand the ranks and hopefully have some fun low point games.

The first round was 500 points.

No formations,allies,CADS or fliers/flying monstrous creatures. 4x4 board and standard battle missions.

Game 1

My list

Libby ML1

10 Tactical marines w/Plasma and combi plasma in a rhino

5 Tactical marines w/Melta gun and combi melta in an assault cannon razorback

Whirlwind.

My first opponent was playing tyranids using the following unbound list

Tyranid prime w/lash whips and bone swords

Zoanthrope

5or6 tyrnids Warriors w/Venom cannon

2 hive guard

We played kill points and dawn of war deployment. I won the roll off and chose to go first. There was a nice big Los blocking building the centre of the table and some other hills rocks in each players deployment zone.

Psychic powers I rolled on divination and got scriers gaze which was useless but I had prescience.

Warlord trait was nothing significant.

I deployed fairly centrally with both transports with the idea that I would be shooting and withdrawing hoping to whittle down the large squad while also trying to kill his hive gaurd and zonethrope.

I felt I had the advantage of maneuvrability but might run out of space to retreat. The whirlwind went out of LOS behind a large rock in my right most corner of my deployment zone.

He deployed his large squad centrally utilising the Los blocking ruins then his hive gaurd opposite my whirlwind out of Los and finally the zoanthrope on the right of the central ruins.

My plan worked for the most part, I was able to get first blood witht the Libby and melta squad taking out the zoanthrope. Early on I plinked wounds off the big warrior squad witht the whirlwind which was eventually destroyed by the hive guard.

Middle game I began my fighting withdrawl and managed to kill the hivegaurd off with the plasma tacticals while remaining outside the assault range of the warrior unit but not before the hiveguards immobilised my rhino.

Late game I was backed into the middle of my deployment zone and ended up having my razorback charged and destroyed on turn 6 and the melta unit and Libby were pinned !!

This was disastrous and in turn 7 all my shooting was only able to reduce the large warrior squad to the prime and 3 warriors all with one wound remaining.

The prime and friends were then able to charge my warlord and unit wiping them giving the tyrnids a solid victory 5-3

My opponent was a nice guy but I must vent my frustration at his lack of a) painted models b)assembled models.

Now the paint I have gotten used to, many people are in the process of painting ayda yada yada but his zoanthrope was in pieces , he just lay it on the base in bits. His hive gaurd lacked bases and again had to be layer down.

It's a shame because he was a nice opponent but the aesthetic of the game which is important for me was pretty much ruined.

Game 2

Vs space marines

Captain on a bike w)Thunder hammer and combi melta

5 bikes and multi melta attack bike w)2x melta

5 sniper scouts

5 CCW scouts in a Landspeeder storm

This game was a bit of a humping. I won the roll off and deployed similarly to the first game only I knew he could out maneuver me.

unfortunately I just couldn't get past jinks, in my turn 1 I put 3 pens on his Landspeeder Storm which made all jink saves , the embarked scouts then proceeded to blow up my whirlwind in turn 2.

His captain made a few assaults into a rhino then the embarked squad and I was unable to stop him.

By the end of the game all I had left was an immobile weapon less razorback. All I killed was a Landspeeder storm and the bike squad.

My opponent was mega friendly and great to chat to about the hobby and while his army was an improvement on the last opponents (his was assembled) it was still not painted which stuck in my craw a little bit.

Hopefully for the next round people will have pulled out their finger and got painting. If not I think I'll have to withdraw from the league as ultimately I find it unsatisfying playing vs unpainted models.

My 750 point list will be as follows, any c&c is welcome

Libby ML1

Dreadnought w) Twin linked auto cannon and heavy Flamer

9 Tacticals w)Plasma Gun and combi plasma in rhino

5 tacticals w)Melta gun and combi melta in assault cannon razorback

Landspeeder typhoon

Landspeeder typhoon

Whirlwind.

Thanks for reading

I would have thought fielding baseless models (that should've had them) should be totally illegal.

Maybe I'm just being old-fashioned <_<, but it is a requirement of the rulebook.

Cheers

I

Thanks for the support and replies guys, the next meeting is in two weeks.

While I understand that the TO should be getting these guys in line, ultimately I feel like it's a personal responsibility to get your army table top ready.

If nothing has changed by next week then I'll just game elsewhere because like you say snakechisler ,having fun is the most important thing and I just can't get into it vs unpainted un-assembled models.

Speaking of painting I only have one dreadnought arm left to paint!

Maybe I should offer to paint my opponents models

Archived